Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

LOL @ all the "Wow Ozzy is a huge pimp!!!11" posts.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young [censored] got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

[censored] that [censored], cuz I ain't tha one
For a punk [censored] with a badge and a gun
To be beatin on, and throwin in jail
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

[censored] with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every [censored] is sellin narcotics

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, youre straight from the underground all right. Youre a punk ass 19 year old white boy who would get his ass kicked if you ever came out from behind your computer.

When some real gangster rapes your sister and makes you watch, I bet you wont be saying [censored] the police. You'll be crying about how they are never around when you need them.

Grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be hatin

Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM

lol
Old 08-10-2007, 02:54 PM

just talked to my dad (a police officer in portland or), and he said that if it were in portland

class c felony for the fake id
2 gross misdmeanor reckless driving, and the pot

the id thing is whats really gonna hurt him

worst/avg case no more than 6 months in county jail served concurrent on all charges and this is what he would expect to see happen in portland

best case
$fine community service, counsling, probation (for a pretty good lenght)

my dad went on an on about how damaging a felony is...i think that stuff is pretty well know, so i want type all that.

Even though its already been said, he biggest mistake he said was subitting to the search.
If he would have said no, and they would have played the terriost card, which my dad said is very unlikely, they would have detained him, taken him to jail, and impounded his car. My dad also said that he probably would not have done all this because it is a VERY large pain in the ass.

my dad also said that if he hires a realy good attorney, and has no prior convinctions and gets a pretty leinite(sp) judge he could get off pretty light
Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 PM

didn't read everything, what race is ozzy?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't read everything, what race is ozzy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though its already been said, he biggest mistake he said was subitting to the search.
If he would have said no, and they would have played the terriost card..........

[/ QUOTE ]wtf??
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM

I think Ozzy's age is kinda irrelevant here. Maybe not in terms of how the police reacted to him, but realistically the only thing out of the normal stuff a cop sees ad nauseum is the bag of $50K cash.

Late at night, lots of people get drunk and high and drive at high speeds, some even get coked up and drive at high speeds. Isn't the statistic that in metro areas from 12 AM - 4 AM on Fri Sat night 50% of the drivers are legally drunk ? ... and of course they're always speeding. So that's not unusual at all.

Having some bud in the car ? That's almost par for the course with the guys I went to school with who had to have bud with them at all times. I have an electrician friend who has driven around town day/night for the last 25 years with ample bud in the van.

The fake id ? Well that's just random, both that he had one on him and that he disclosed that fact to the cop. Kind of irrelevant.

Fast expensive car ? Speeding kind of goes with territory, and visa-versa, doesn't it ? Cops love fast cars. I've sat next to cops in coffee shops bragging about their NSX, Cobra. I've even heard cops bragging to suspects about their cars. They like to take people in fast cars down if they can. It's an ego thing. But that doesn't mean they see anything unusual in it.

Middle-Eastern looking ? I suppose it depends on where you're from but in the major metro area I live in Middle-Eastern looking people are everywhere and a lot of them drive expensive cars.

I don't see what's so unusual about Ozzy's situation except for the cash. You young poker pros do seem to have a bad habit of carrying around giant amounts of cash (grimstarr, others) and it makes you look like you're drug dealers (or terrorists or whatever criminals the police are worried about). That is really pretty stupid of you. I'm a trader and many people I know have extraordinary amounts of money but almost never carry any real cash with them. Maybe $100, if that.

I think Ozzy should have answered truthfully all questions the cop asked him relevant to the specific situation: speeding and his intoxication/under-the-influence state. Trying to out-think the cops/law is foolish in that situation.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my first post, so bear with me, please. I must disagree with a statement in this thread. A number of fairly good lawyers will tell you to take any sobriety test offered, and then they would try and beat the test in Court. In the state I live in, (and I am a lawyer, but not a DUI attorney), a refusal to take a DUI test is an automatic license suspension, no questions asked and the appeal process is a bitch. Most DUI attorneys I know actually encourage sobriety tests and others because it usually provides them the best fodder for an acquittal.

And, to anyone saying that he(Ozzy) should have refused the search , that might have worked pre-Patriot act. However, the Constitutional guarantees regarding searches, seizures and invasions of privacy was swept out the window approximately 5 years and 11 months ago regardless of skin color.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard the exact opposite regarding a number of the points you have made, from DUI lawyers.

and obv never, ever, ever, ever, evarrrrr consent to a search of your car or house, even if you have nothing to hide.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i assume they mean bmw 6 series? there is no g6

[/ QUOTE ]
M6... this car.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick. didn't know they'd introduced the m6 yet