FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

You're right.. the team is probably a little rusty, as indicated by his TOs. He'll probably get up to like 25/18/10 and record the greatest season in the 3pt era.

On the realistic side, if you dig through old threads I defended KG mightily. The Duncan/KG debate has been done to death, and since you can't really argue with success, I'm fine saying Duncan is better. But it ain't by much. I really think it's Duncan, KG, and then a decent gap to the next tier of guys (and gods, in Nash's case).
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM

Marbury about to be traded?

99,879 and counting
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lebron 27 pts, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists in his career for the playoffs.
kobe 23 pts, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists in his career for the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst post of them all GKA. Even you should know that more goes into this than what you just cited.

1. Much of his playoff career was shared w/ one of the two most dominant big men to every play--Lebron has never had to share anything.

2. Kobe once again plays much more difficult playoff teams than those paper thin East teams.

3. Why would you want to adjust for Pho and not Was? Thinking Kobe's stats should be adjusted for Pho is crazy do you see why--hint--look up Was's team stats last year, they will look eerily similar to a certain team.

I usually like all of your posts even when I take a different stance on things but these last few just have me confused.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM

"kobe has basically held his own in the playoffs w/ Jordan like performances on a terrible team--those series' against Pho were epic b/c Kobe and only Kobe. Lebron doesn't take Pho to the brink eve"

look mebbe lbj doesnt hang with those pho teams (yet or ever.) but its ridiculous to think he isnt the single reason the cavs go anywhere in the playoffs. he did singehandedly beat the wizards 2 yrs ago. and why is everyone just ignoring his series vs a very good pistons team. i really cant believe you guys actually watched those games and just totally dismiss them and claim lbj has no mental toughness. he willed his team to victory in every single game they won.

i think it was game 5 and the cavs were down late in the game. their last 3 offensive possessions were 2 offensive fouls and lebron driving and getting hacked 3 times for no call. did he quit? naw, he goes down the court and hits a sick fadeaway three.

did he quit after game one when he drove in the final seconds (down by 1 or 2) and got fouled about 45 times?

some of the comments in this thread are just ridiculous to me. my only conclusion is that most of you are, for whatever reason, biased against lebron. possibly some sort of mental backlash for having the hype thrown down your throats since he was in hs. i can understand it but i would expect more from yall, since you guys seem to pride yourselfs on unbiased analysis.

"Lebron is grossly overhyped. "

"but so far it seems Lebron will probably fall short of potential. Coasting as a 23-24 year old is sorta scary."

"just makes his regular season post office jobs all the more frustrating. "

"For most of last year, I definitely referred to LBJ as Lebronikova, because he looked pretty, did a lot of endorsements but never won [censored]. "

it was his 4th yr in the league and he had been playing with scrubs. as a rookie he had a fckn crackhead as coach. i mean real life, literal, crackhead. you really expect him to come into the league and immediately contend for championships.

how old was kobe when he finally got off the bench? lbj has been putting up sick numbers from the start. cavs have won over 50 games for the last 2 seasons. i dont see how you can say he is coasting. how the hell are the cavs winning 50 games with that roster with lbj coasting?

no no, i know your response. its the east ya? if the east is so damn easy why isnt paul pierce teams dominating, or dwight howard, jermain oneal, vc and kidd, arenas.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM

it's a small sample, but James averaged 27/6.7/6 vs the Spurs. Without much help. The "played with the most dominant big man" goes both ways. It might mean less shots (though you'd be surprised, I suggest looking it up), but it means easier opportunities since Shaq was an automatic double team.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was his 4th yr in the league and he had been playing with scrubs. as a rookie he had a fckn crackhead as coach. i mean real life, literal, crackhead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who, John Lucas? Wasn't that like 25 years ago? What am I missing here?

Also, Victor rants are awesome.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Victor,

Those guys' teams aren't dominating b/c those players aren't even close to as good as LBJ. What is your point? The question is Kobe and Kobe is the best player in the league under any circumstance/time...I can't fathom how this is even argued.

LBJ is sick good, I for one haven't said once in this thread that he wasn't. I am just certain that if I were running a bball team and my owner/boss said "here's your team, I know they aren't that great but you get either Kobe or LBJ for this playoff series--if you lose the series you are fired, if you win we're straight," I pick Kobe every time w/o hesitation.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM

KC,

Can't look anything up, got to get to work (though you could be right about that). I will be back on my knees later to talk about Kobe.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM

tdarko, im not arguing lbj over kobe. im quoted the comments that i have contention with. its everyone saying lbj isnt trying and isnt living up to expectations, isnt mentally tough blah blah. lebronikova? cmon
Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Do you guys think that if the Lakers were in the East last year they would have gone to the Finals?