Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Fall Fashions (and good deals on fashions!)

[ QUOTE ]
Also, anyone have recs for good places to buy sweaters? Thats another area of my wardrobe that's seriously lacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been very happy with banana republic for light to medium solid color / layering sweaters. they usually have 2 or 3 "grades" or lighter weight sweaters, with varying levels of cotton/cashmere/silk, and have good sales, frequently. ~$40 on sale ~$80 not on, for good, soft, warm sweaters is good. they are kind of boring though as actual fashion, since i can't really speak for anything aside from the monochrome stuff. but that's a niche of the wardrobe that does need to get filled.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't wear the Warren either.

re: sweaters

Paul Smith and Ted Baker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluefly.com always seems to have ted baker sweaters on sale.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a lot of the talk on shoes here has been centered on getting away with more casual shoes for formal settings. What about the other way around, though? I recently purchased the AE Delray for a business casual dress situations (including khaki dress pants). On the AE website, however, it's listed as "dress." Would I be able to get away with this, or would it be much better to instead purchase something from their dress casual section?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I just bought these shoes in Chili color. Looks really nice with dress trousers. I don't think I'd wear them with jeans (a little too formal for that), but I could probably wear them with khakis.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Hey guys, this is a pretty interesting thread.

I need some help in regards to fashion, specifically business fashion, so I figured I could ask here.

I have a Business Careers Internship fair at my school in 3 weeks. I need a suit for the occasion and I don't really know where to start.

Would I be getting ripped off by going into a JoS. A. Bank store that is nearby and saying that I need a suit?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I need some help in regards to fashion, specifically business fashion, so I figured I could ask here.

I have a Business Careers Internship fair at my school in 3 weeks. I need a suit for the occasion and I don't really know where to start.

Would I be getting ripped off by going into a JoS. A. Bank store that is nearby and saying that I need a suit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be getting ripped off if you paid full price. The construction and quality of the material is adaquate for business wear.

The key is to get it on sale, which they are always having. Nobody pays full price for Jos A Banks
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 AM

Cit,
Speaking of BR, they have a friends and family sale every quarter or semi-annually where everything is 30% off, even on discounted items. You can find a coupon on ebay for $5 or so.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you go to Brooks Brothers or Land's End you're going to pay well over $100 for a custom shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Land's End custom shirts can be well under 100, depending on pattern (I got a solid blue one for about 55 recently).

Speaking of, has anyone ever got bought a suit from them? They seem to have reasonable prices on suit separates and they generally offer good value on basic dress clothes.

Also, I noticed their jackets have "natural shoulders". I guess that means no padding? Is this very common nowadays?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be getting ripped off if you paid full price. The construction and quality of the material is adaquate for business wear.

The key is to get it on sale, which they are always having. Nobody pays full price for Jos A Banks

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice.

BDaws should be looking at either a solid charcoal or a solid navy suit for the career day.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 PM

How good/bad is it wearing sneakers with your jeans, khakis, etc.? I looked at the picks manque selected, but I find that they're too "business like" and being in college I don't think that bodes well with the college style.

Also, if it is sneakers, does anyone have any links to some really good sneakers?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't wear the Warren either.

re: sweaters

Paul Smith and Ted Baker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluefly.com always seems to have ted baker sweaters on sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this site is great, thanks.