Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Favorite Uncomfortable Sports Broadcasting Moments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also another Nascar classic...

Rusty Wallace was aksed how he felt about Jeff Gordon's wife (now ex-wife) sitting in with the pit crew during their races. Wallace responded something like, "I think it's ridiculous. My wife is up in the stands where she belongs!".

This is what I have been told, so this may or may not have actually occurred during an actual broadcast. Still pretty funny though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't understand why this is funny/uncomfortable/anything but standard. It's not like he said she was home making him a sandwich where she belongs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "where she belongs" part of the statement is pretty strong. And if you can imagine the way Rusty Wallace would say this, it could come across as pretty uncomfortable. But Rusty doesn't give a s**t anyway. So I guess the interviewer got what they asked for.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:18 PM

Anytime Larry Merchant is on my TV I pretty much cringe as well. He needs to hang it up. The 5 second pauses he makes between every 4 or 5 words kill me. Of course Jim Rome does the same thing on his radio show, but he does it intentionally to eat up the 3 hours he is on. Merchant is just old and unfocused. Very uncomfortable, IMO DREW!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another Thom Brennaman boner, ruining Ian Johnson's proposal after the BSU-OU Fiesta Bowl last year. Maybe not as cringe worthy as some of the other, but pretty stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually Chris Myers who blew the marriage proposal on the sidelines. BTW, Johnson and his GF just got married.

Thom Brennaman's screwup in that game was going on and on about lack of a playoff right before crucial plays in the 4th quarter and OT. Concentrate on the game at hand Thom. Plenty of time to talk about playoff formats after or before, not seconds before crucial plays.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dennis Leary and someone else doing a very drunk, very rofl guest appearance in the booth during a Red Sox broadcast.

Dennis Leary on Red Sox / Jews / Mel Gibson

MEL GIBSON!!! EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

winnar!!
i knew i liked dennis leary.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He would have been better off pulling his dick out and peeing all over the desk yelling Heil Hitler the whole 3 minutes. That was bad. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

BEST LAUGH EVER READING 2+2!!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Not sports but I LOL every time.

Mountain Climber is blind...... or is he??
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rusty Wallace was aksed how he felt about Jeff Gordon's wife (now ex-wife) sitting in with the pit crew during their races. Wallace responded something like, "I think it's ridiculous. My wife is up in the stands where she belongs!".

This is what I have been told, so this may or may not have actually occurred during an actual broadcast. Still pretty funny though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't understand why this is funny/uncomfortable/anything but standard. It's not like he said she was home making him a sandwich where she belongs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "where she belongs" part of the statement is pretty strong. And if you can imagine the way Rusty Wallace would say this, it could come across as pretty uncomfortable. But Rusty doesn't give a s**t anyway. So I guess the interviewer got what they asked for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Drew on this one.
I don't see what's wrong or uncomfortable with this statement at all.

if same happened in any other sport, where some player or coach's wife was on the sideline...if you asked other players what they thought of this they would probably say, "I think the wives belong in the stands."

I just can't figure out why this would be a big deal no matter what tone he might have taken to say this.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how for this to be generally accepted as a bad comment, we all need to agree that women generally belong in the kitchen. lol. Women.

It's like how people get enraged over black people/fried chicken comment. There is nothing inherently wrong with saying a black guy was eating chicken. But it's a stereotype, because they actually generally like to eat chicken. But then wait...if it's true, why is it wrong?!? I'm confused. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also worth nominating is pretty much any time Joe Morgan speaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto the late, great Curt Gowdy
Old 08-13-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sports but I LOL every time.

Mountain Climber is blind...... or is he??

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how she says it twice, lol.

"he's gay...i mean, he's gay...excuse me, he's blind"