Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 AM

Default 5NL - Do I call these small bets correctly?

This is going to seem like the minutest of details, but I think it is something I should know. This usually aggressive villain small bets the turn and the river. It seems as though I am priced in, but I realized I don't really know how to tell. I used SNG power tools for SNGs, do you use something different for cash games?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($3.53)
UTG ($13.24)
MP ($3.63)
Hero ($32.73)
SB ($10.57)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, SB calls $0.18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.65) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.05</font>, UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.1</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($1) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.15</font>, Hero calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $1.30
Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: 5NL - Do I call these small bets correctly?

Don't you have like 20BB/100 over 50,000 hands? We should be asking you for help haha.

Na I'd probably re-raise on the flop just to get a sense of what villan might have. But as played you can't really fold this, even though it almost certain you're beaten on the river I just don't think anyone could lay this down with such tiny bets.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: 5NL - Do I call these small bets correctly?

Thanks for the response. Most of the time, that makes sense to me, but in this case the player was quite aggressive, I wanted to see another card, and felt like he priced me in to do just that. Then he did it again on river, and I almost folded. Was just wondering if I had odds to call his bet and if it was plus or minus EV. Is there a tool that you use to determine EV in cash games? While I did get into the math of the game late in my MTT playing time, I am still going mostly by feel. I want to understand the math side better.

I figured out that I was doing the BB wrong, sorry about the confusion - I am actually around 11 PTBB/100. Funny enough though, I ran into a tilted 5/10 cash player at one of my tables who was putting all his money in every hand. I was up $38 in about ten hands thanks to a QQ and AK hitting unchallanged at just the right times. That increased my PTBB/100 in 7000 hands of 5NL to 20.54! :-P I will be sure to remember this fellow when my PTBB plummets back to reality!

Feel free to watch my videos linked from my profile! :-)