Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 AM

Default 25 NL: AKo in the blinds vs solid villain

I'd been at this table for about an hour, playing my normal TAG game pretty well. Hadn't been too out of line stealing blinds or anything.

Villain was stacked off on one of the first hands he sat down with when he had KJo on a T83r board and called a shorties push. That got a note on him, but outside of that he was a pretty solid player who knew what he was doing. I had a good idea he knew I was good TAG player, which is why I played this hand like I did.

EDIT: This converter is f'ed up, anyone have a good converter? I can't find ANY stable converter.

Me in the SB w/ $33.75 stack
Villain in BB with $47.65 stack

I have AKo in the SB and raise $1
He calls

Flop: 7hAc8h

I bet $1, he raises to $4. My read is he's on a flush, I re-raise to $12. He waits a bit and calls.

Turn: Th.

I push for $20.75 more, he calls.

I raised his flop raise because I was 90% sure that was a flush draw, and I really just wanted him to fold on the flop. When he called I still was pretty sure it was a drawing hand, though I started to suspect maybe there was a gutshot w/ the flush too. The turn is absolutely horrible and was more of me being pissed that his flush got there, but is still vaguely defensible I suppose.

My main question is whether I should've re-raised his flop raise with the read that I had.