Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
A very interesting article about the murder investigation from today's Washington Post can be found here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link.

Cliff notes: Nobody has a [censored] clue what happened, but there's enough weird [censored] to make you kinda wonder. Mostly it underscores that trying to pretend we know anything only 3 days later is silly and pointless.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM

If Antrel Rolle is right, does anyone else think he should worry a bit now about being next?

-McGee
Old 11-30-2007, 01:35 PM

I have a feeling these guys don't travel out of S. Florida much. Or go on cnn.com
Old 11-30-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whitlock may come off as very douchey, but he says what needs to be said. He really shows courage by coming out and saying this, when no other black people have. The message simply needs to get out there or else crap like this will keep going on. It shouldn't just be Jason Whitlock spreading this message. Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, and many young men are dying this way and it really is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing brave about writing an ignorant article, especially when you've been writing the same one for years.

The only valid points Whitlock makes are so simple and obvious that they hardly warrent mentioning. The rest of his crap is just the same [censored] that we usually hear from 60 year old white people who are upset that they let black people use the same drinking fountains as we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite your efforts to hijack this thread, this doesn't seem like the proper place for a debate of Jason Whitlock's perspective. Suffice it to say, however, that you can't seriously be this stupid.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling these guys don't travel out of S. Florida much. Or go on cnn.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not. I just think that if Rolle -- whose old crew is presumably comprised of some of the same people as Sean Taylor's old crew -- is convinced that those guys targeted and killed Taylor, he'd want to be careful about pissing them off himself.

-McGee
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Three men have been detained for questioning. Article here.

And Miami Herald article.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not. I just think that if Rolle -- whose old crew is presumably comprised of some of the same people as Sean Taylor's old crew -- is convinced that those guys targeted and killed Taylor, he'd want to be careful about pissing them off himself.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a wild guess it was more of a robbery gone bad than a vendetta. Still by people who knew him though. When they were there prior, they totally ransacked the place and even tore up the AC duct. Sounds like they thought he had some kind of big stash of cash or jewels, or maybe something else.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whitlock may come off as very douchey, but he says what needs to be said. He really shows courage by coming out and saying this, when no other black people have. The message simply needs to get out there or else crap like this will keep going on. It shouldn't just be Jason Whitlock spreading this message. Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, and many young men are dying this way and it really is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing brave about writing an ignorant article, especially when you've been writing the same one for years.

The only valid points Whitlock makes are so simple and obvious that they hardly warrent mentioning. The rest of his crap is just the same [censored] that we usually hear from 60 year old white people who are upset that they let black people use the same drinking fountains as we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite your efforts to hijack this thread, this doesn't seem like the proper place for a debate of Jason Whitlock's perspective. Suffice it to say, however, that you can't seriously be this stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems as good a place as any.

Explain why you think Whitlock's argument is anything but utter ignorance?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a wild guess it was more of a robbery gone bad than a vendetta. Still by people who knew him though. When they were there prior, they totally ransacked the place and even tore up the AC duct. Sounds like they thought he had some kind of big stash of cash or jewels, or maybe something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to speculate on that. Just that if I was in Rolle's position and believed that, I wouldn't talk to the media about it.

-McGee
Old 11-30-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suffice it to say, however, that you can't seriously be this stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can be.