[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

From the old thread as said by RedBean:

[ QUOTE ]
Our points are rather simple:

Mine:
-Barry Bonds never violated the MLB Steroid Policy.
-Barry Bonds did not admit using steroids in his Grand Jury testimony.
-Barry Bonds has not been indicted, much less convicted of any crime related to steroids.
-Barry Bonds has not been proven to have cheated the game of baseball, as defined by the rules that govern the game.

My points are matter of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not as it seemed.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 PM

I really, really wish he was here right now. Its really not fair that he is out of town and will have a week to come up with some reason why this does not mean anything.

Maybe the Mitchell report will come out soon too and it will just be a pile on.

No, but in all honesty, I do wish he was here. I look forward to his perspective on the matter.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He picks and chooses the parts he wants while ignoring the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sincere apologies, but you have to realize that there is more written about Bonds on 2+2 than in all of the recorded text in human history from 2000 AD to 1979.

I'm only one man, bro, I try to touch on all the relevant stuff, but I just can't address every single sentence you write.

[ QUOTE ]
He is obviously not going to change his mind but I enjoy the chase so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't made up my mind, as I've said several times previous....I am refraining from speculation until both sides have a chance to present their case.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been wrong on a handful of occassions in this thread and have learned a ton by doing some research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you have been wrong several times, but I enjoyed our discussions because I could tell you were interested in researching things after being proven wrong, and I could tell you were learning along the way....as opposed to the usual meatheads screaming 'I HATES THE BONDS'....etc

[ QUOTE ]

I still think RB is at least partially dishonest in his arguments and that my general point stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dishonest about what? I said Hank saw a late career power surge....and he did. How on earth is me stating fact interpreted as dishonest?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really, really wish he was here right now. Its really not fair that he is out of town and will have a week to come up with some reason why this does not mean anything.

No, but in all honesty, I do wish he was here. I look forward to his perspective on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like I'll be around until at least Sunday, and may not be going at all.

As for the indictment, I guess we can keep it in the other thread, and let this one go the wayside now.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 AM

I was reading the story about Bonds' indictment on ESPN.com when I came across this paragraph:

"By the late 1990s, he'd bulked up to more than 240 pounds -- his head, in particular, becoming noticeably bigger. His physical growth was accompanied by a remarkable power surge."

LOL. It was almost as if they wrote that just to piss off Red Bean.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He picks and chooses the parts he wants while ignoring the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sincere apologies, but you have to realize that there is more written about Bonds on 2+2 than in all of the recorded text in human history from 2000 AD to 1979.

I'm only one man, bro, I try to touch on all the relevant stuff, but I just can't address every single sentence you write.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you cant respond to *everything* but the last post of mine you replied to where you intentionally misrepresented my response by only quoting where I said "yes" while leaving out the rest that obviously qualifies that answer is a bit of a sham, dont you think?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is obviously not going to change his mind but I enjoy the chase so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't made up my mind, as I've said several times previous....I am refraining from speculation until both sides have a chance to present their case.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I have not made up my mind either. But I would say I am leaning towards yes at least as much as you are leaning towards no. Unless this indictment has changed your opinion at all.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have been wrong on a handful of occassions in this thread and have learned a ton by doing some research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you have been wrong several times, but I enjoyed our discussions because I could tell you were interested in researching things after being proven wrong, and I could tell you were learning along the way....as opposed to the usual meatheads screaming 'I HATES THE BONDS'....etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I have learned a ton by digging through a lot of this stuff. I have enjoyed the argument for the most part even if in the end I don't really care what happens with him.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I still think RB is at least partially dishonest in his arguments and that my general point stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dishonest about what? I said Hank saw a late career power surge....and he did. How on earth is me stating fact interpreted as dishonest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as my first answer to this. You said Hank and Barry experienced "eerily similar" late season surges. I showed you using facts and numbers that they did not. And you just skipped past that without acknowledging it. So while they experienced similar "raw" increases you know as well as I do that is largely irrelevant.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like I'll be around until at least Sunday, and may not be going at all.

As for the indictment, I guess we can keep it in the other thread, and let this one go the wayside now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear you are not going. I hate when vacations get canceled.

I agree though, we can let this one die as it regards to indictment talk.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you cant respond to *everything* but the last post of mine you replied to where you intentionally misrepresented my response by only quoting where I said "yes" while leaving out the rest that obviously qualifies that answer is a bit of a sham, dont you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like you leaving out the homeruns Hank hit at home?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM

LOL @ Game of Shadows movie.

Let's hear casting suggestions!
Pre-BALCO Barry: Wesley Snipes

Post-BALCO Barry: Forest Whitaker

Who would you like to see as...
Greg Anderson

Victor Conte

Patrick Arnold

Jeff Novitzky