Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Ugh. Are the 2nd Nuts ever good here?

I cant believe I'm asking but are we ever good here?

We're basically hoping the villian is over playing KK or AA but even bad players got to hesitate before three betting the turn. Does it become easier or harder to fold with the other players making the pot enormous. Villian cant be raising so light knowing everyone is coming along, but it makes the pot huge.

Action when Villian leads river?

Maybe I'm just second guessing myself after a rough day, but there were lots of hands like this where I know I' mbehind but cant get the fold button.

Quit being a baby and call down here or fold knowing I'm drawing to 1 out? Small $20 mistake vs. a huge $200+ one?

Dealt to CLEVERBEAVER [Js Jd]
CATLEWIS - Folds
ZOMBIE666 - Raises $10 to $10
KLONMIKE - Folds
MICHPU - Calls $10
CLEVERBEAVER - Raises $15 to $15
ORIOLES1983 - Folds
TARCARDS - Folds
ACTIONBETS - Raises $17 to $20
YASOOO - Folds
ZOMBIE666 - Calls $10
MICHPU - Calls $10
CLEVERBEAVER - Calls $5
*** FLOP *** [2s Qs Jc]
ACTIONBETS - Bets $5
ZOMBIE666 - Calls $5
MICHPU - Calls $5
CLEVERBEAVER - Raises $10 to $10
ACTIONBETS - Raises $10 to $15
ZOMBIE666 - Calls $10
MICHPU - Calls $10
CLEVERBEAVER - Calls $5
*** TURN *** [2s Qs Jc] [7c]
ACTIONBETS - Bets $10
ZOMBIE666 - Calls $10
MICHPU - Calls $10
CLEVERBEAVER - Raises $20 to $20
ACTIONBETS - Raises $20 to $30
ZOMBIE666 - Calls $20
MICHPU - Calls $20
CLEVERBEAVER ?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Ugh. Are the 2nd Nuts ever good here?

well please never fold this hand.

Couldn't he be pushing his pot equity with a monster flush + straight draw type of hand here also?

I think you are good enough to cap the turn and pray for a blank/J.

But yeah unless a spade comes on the river i'm seeing a showdown.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
monster flush + straight draw type of hand here also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Range here has to be 4 hands. AA, KK, QQ and AsKs.

I'm not sure a lot of players 3 bet AsKs on the turn
Old 11-19-2007, 05:20 AM

And you are ahead of that range by a good ammt and definitely ahead of the other players in the pot. Cap for value and reeval river.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 AM

We're ahead of the range if its a straight pokerstove, but when he bet/3bets the flop and turn dont we have to weight his range heavily towards QQ?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 AM

you had a bad day. don't start folding the second nuts in huge pots because you're running bad. If you start folding here you are going to start having really really really bad days.

just keep this post bookmarkes, and when you start running good against (tomorrow?) come back and take a look at it and lol that you considered folding on the turn.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 AM

If I cap the turn, villian is obvisouly leading the river? call at that point yes?

If I had taken a different line and capped the flop, whats the play if the villian b/3b or c/r the turn?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:43 AM

do not fold unless another spade comes off and people go ape shi!t for multiple bets on the river. I think the turn is probably a cap, but if you really think you are behind actionbets range (and I'm not sure you are here because I have him being fairly laggy) you can call down from there.

if I capped the flop, which often I would, and villain b-3-bet me I would call down from his 3-bet since he is pretty much saying he has top set. If he c/r's the turn it would depend on the setup. If his c/r looks like he could be doing it to charge the field for flush and straight draws w/ AA or KK then I probably 3-bet and call down against a cap.

If this hand is a cooler and you lost that really sucks. But really don't worry about whether or not you put in 5BB or 7BB with the second nuts in a huge multiway pot.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:52 AM

If you've ever played me you know that folding never crossed my mind here. Honestly my biggest leak is that AP has deactivated my Fold button and I'm constantly throwing off 2BB calling on the turn and river when I know I cant be good and I'm looking for spots where I'm doing in it in HH reviews. This hand just stuck out when I did my post-day run down on [censored] hands because how big the pot was. I'm not sure I thought anyone would say fold (maybe now that I think about it this was just a thinly disguised bad beat story), but I honestly think I'm good here exactly never.

Action Bet is very Laggy but how laggy but I'm still not convinced many people b/3b both the flop and turn here without QQ. I'm pretty sure I wasnt calling a river bet if a spade hit, because seriously what can the other two players have? Both cant have KT.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've ever played me you know that folding never crossed my mind here. Honestly my biggest leak is that AP has deactivated my Fold button and I'm constantly throwing off 2BB calling on the turn and river when I know I cant be good and I'm looking for spots where I'm doing in it in HH reviews. This hand just stuck out when I did my post-day run down on [censored] hands because how big the pot was. I'm not sure I thought anyone would say fold (maybe now that I think about it this was just a thinly disguised bad beat story), but I honestly think I'm good here exactly never.

Action Bet is very Laggy but how laggy but I'm still not convinced many people b/3b both the flop and turn here without QQ. I'm pretty sure I wasnt calling a river bet if a spade hit, because seriously what can the other two players have? Both cant have KT.

[/ QUOTE ]

you certainly didn't fold much when we played earlier today [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but then again a couple of times you made some nice calls when I was spewing in the blinds, and then a couple of times you paid me off when I hit some hands at our other table.

just remember, you can't win the pot if you fold. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]