Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

[ QUOTE ]

This just shows that Brian certainly has an ego problem/ personality defect. It doesn't seem that he has a completely sober-minded view of the game. Is he playing poker to maximize EV, or is he performing some kind of ego-masturbation...a big-boy version of "King of the Hill"?

[/ QUOTE ]

call it a "defect" if you like, but whatever it is, it's what got him to the top in the first place. Pretty much any wildly successful person seems to have the same motivation, of simply being the best.

"Defect" is subjective, and without the one you're talking about, you'll never make it to the top of anything.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from?"

Um, zero?

[/ QUOTE ]

well mahatma and bad_ip's current status/general opinion of their play is much different from what it was in the past
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This just shows that Brian certainly has an ego problem/ personality defect. It doesn't seem that he has a completely sober-minded view of the game. Is he playing poker to maximize EV, or is he performing some kind of ego-masturbation...a big-boy version of "King of the Hill"?

[/ QUOTE ]

call it a "defect" if you like, but whatever it is, it's what got him to the top in the first place. Pretty much any wildly successful person seems to have the same motivation, of simply being the best.

"Defect" is subjective, and without the one you're talking about, you'll never make it to the top of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with you. Do you think that Barry Greenstein thinks like this? He's not mixing it with up where an edge isn't absolutely defined. He's in it for the money. Brian seems to be motivated by "being the best."

To each his own. Maybe Brian will rack up the rest of his roll one day and look for other things to conquer. Maybe he'll spiral out of control. Maybe this downswing is just a bump in the road to never-ending poker glory. Who the hell knows?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 AM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

How has this downsizing affected BT?
What kind of hit is this $3 million on his roll? / How big is his roll?
Is BT heading for perma busto? / Is this downsizing just a bump in the road?
Just how good is BT? Will he be able to continue playing the nosebleed stakes for years to come? / Does he have it mentally to be playing these stakes for years to come?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 AM

don't quite get all the hate on sb get off him, you don't see him needling all you donks who have less then 2k to your name
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought brian came from a ridic rich family to begin with. 3 mil is just tipping money. He'll be back playing 50000/100000 plo in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's true. His parents don't even have cable.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont even kid about cable. its just not funny.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Told you fanboy idiots BT was well on his way to joining Brad Booth in the bustowagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how has antisocialgrace not been banned yet? Every single post of his is either flaming people for hating on certain pros or flaming people for being fans of certain pros.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Told you fanboy idiots BT was well on his way to joining Brad Booth in the bustowagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how has antisocialgrace not been banned yet? Every single post of his is either flaming people for hating on certain pros or flaming people for being fans of certain pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

or just for being a hater in general with weak arguments.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm curious why everyone is rooting so hard for BT to 'bounce back' ?

He made a borderline ridiculously bad $600k bluff the other day and seems like a guy whose overwhelming success might be messing with his mind. He's obviously a great player but I don't see why anyone should lose any sleep if this guy goes broke. Brad Booth, David Benyamine and countless others had millions at one point and are now being staked and/or in debt.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like he's tilting

'i lost $xxxxx but i think i played really well' = what people (including me) tend to say when they are not playing well

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't people also tend to say this when they are playing well but lost?