Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Tunica weekdays?

Hello,

A friend and I are thinking of going to Tunica soon, and we were wondering how the action is on weekdays (like Tuesday-Thursday). How many tables usually run, and how soft is the play? I assume the Horseshoe will have the most action?

We'll probably be playing mostly $4/8.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Tunica weekdays?

Horseshoe will have all the action you want. Soft games and liberal comps.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horseshoe will have all the action you want. Soft games and liberal comps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend the Shoe. If they don't have a poker rate room available, then the Gold Strike is ok next door, but the game to play there is 1/2 NL, IMO, since they will likely only have 3/6 limit going.

B.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 AM

Horseshoe is where I played the only time I went, which was on a weekend. The games were mostly pretty good and the floor/comps were freaking fantastic.

Also I saw an awesome scene with a guy going completely berserk about getting thrown out of the poker room because he was drunk and kept screaming. The rest of the table was just calmly continuing to play, because apparently this is a regular occurrence.

I just worry that Tunica might be somewhere that doesn't have a lot of weekday traffic, and thus has a lot of boring tight local players on weekdays.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 AM

it can be kind of boringish as you describe on weekdays. certainly not the same action as on a weekend.

I played at Horseshoe last Tuesday and it wasn't exactly jumpin. But it as a really rainy and crappy evening so even less incentive to go out.

Some of the local, regulars are from tight though.

And at the 4/8 limit I would be really surprised if you didn't the game was still pretty donktastic.
I've NEVER found a 3/6 or 4/8 limit game in tunica that i didn't think was at least 'okay'.

Although admittedly my brief time at the 4/8 last week (before moving to 2/5 NL) was the closest I have come in that it didn't have a lot of action.
Weirdly passive. One hand had 5 players see the flop I think and they all just checked it all the way through to the river (including me with some garbage BB hand).
Some guy who limped with J6s or something flopped top-pair and never bet it.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I saw an awesome scene with a guy going completely berserk about getting thrown out of the poker room because he was drunk and kept screaming. The rest of the table was just calmly continuing to play, because apparently this is a regular occurrence.

[/ QUOTE ] Welcome to my world.