Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: $16 - KK on @$#$% A-high flop

You put 89 in his range and then assume he's NOT a retard?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM

he s 40/21 over 150 hands so i think to put these hands into his range is reasonable. even a retard might know that he shouldnt bet with a hand when he only gets called by a better hand and is ahead otherwise.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Why would he play craphands against a 3 bet pf if he knows that?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 PM

the thing is imo, that if we check and then call a bet later we might as well lead out and lose the money there. i m obviously not putting any more money in after the bet.
it s kind of a trade off between the money we lose by letting him catch up and the money we win by letting him bluff later on if we check.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is imo, that if we check and then call a bet later we might as well lead out and lose the money there. i m obviously not putting any more money in after the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that's how many ppl think, and I assume the hand get's way easier to play if you just bet the flop.
But you'll be surprised what hands bet the turn and check the river afterwards, just because they "felt you were weak" on the flop.
It's kinda the passive valuetown.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM

'the thing is imo, that if we check and then call a bet later we might as well lead out and lose the money there'

Disagree. We are almost always behind when we bet this flop. If we check, it could induce a bet from a non-A hand reading us for weakness. It could also let a hand like KQ hit a Q and pay a small vbet off on future streets

'it s kind of a trade off between the money we lose by letting him catch up and the money we win by letting him bluff later on if we check. '

We dont lose money when he 'catches up' - his best chance of 'catching up' in this hand is when he 3 outs an A, more often than not he has already 'caught' or we are way ahead. I think we win far more by letting him bluff vs losing when he 'catches.'
Old 11-23-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is imo, that if we check and then call a bet later we might as well lead out and lose the money there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but man it's horrible to get bluffraised here and fold away the best hand. And it's not so great to bet, get called, check it through the turn and then face a decent bet on the river. Often you'll check behind flop, face a small bet from something rubbish on the turn, and will then get it checked to you on the river. In each of these three cases, you can face a hand like 77 or something that paired on the flop. I want to show down against his range if I can, because there's plenty of nonace hands in there, but I don't want to pay the earth to the acerag hands if I can help it.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:40 PM

If we bet only stronger hands will play back.
If we check and call later, we get value by weaker hands.
It's easy, isn't it?