Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: ME pay-per-view

[ QUOTE ]
my local cable company (notorious for blunders) is not carrying it, and the (online) ESPN service is "currently unavailable" and they haven't returned my call or my email....

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this link working? Please let me know. Thanks.

WSOP PPV order form/link
Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody had trouble registering with espn.com? I tried to register (I had registered last year, but have since forgotten my username and password), and I got the error "Nautilus down" after filling in my registration info, whatever that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just went back to ESPN.com and tried to register again, and this time I was successful. So whatever bug existed seems to have been fixed. This problem was only applicable to anyone who wanted to order the online PPV and had not registered on espn.com.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a DVR but there is not enough room to record the entire event, which I would like to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can record this to directly to DVD?

Is there a DVR I can go buy with a built in DVD recorder so I can record it directly to DVD?

Other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like the easiest thing would be to either break up the broadcast (they do have breaks, including a long dinner break, during which you could turn off the recording) or, as someone else suggested, copy the Turning Stone broadcast onto a DVD, thus freeing up room. But I don't have a TIVO-type DVR, so I am not sure whether it is possible to do either of these things.

If it is not OR if you want an excuse to buy a new toy, there are plenty of DVD players which can record from your TV onto DVD disks (as opposed to the DVR's hard-drive), which is what I have been using to record stuff. They have gotten pretty cheap, probably something around $100 for a low-end Wal-Mart version. Just make sure you get the right kind of DVD disks -- there are a lot of different formats (DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW etc.) and not all of them work in all machines.

If you do, you might want to format a couple of disks in advance because it can take a couple of minutes to format the disks. Last year, I had two disks ready, formatted to record 8 hours each. I switched disks during one of the breaks (during which they showed reruns of previous ME final tables which I already had) somewhere around the seventh hour.

Oh, and one more thing: when you are done recording, finalize the disk. I didn't do that with the live Monte Carlo tournament, and about three days afterwards, my old DVD player broke. Because the disk wasn't finalized, it could not be read by the new DVD player I bought to replace the broken one. So now I finalize a disk as soon as it is finished/full. (Kind of like backing up your work -- if you don't do it, your computer WILL lose it.)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just purchased it on ppv. How come the block of time is only set for 3 hours? I have it set to record to dvd, but it stops at 6pm. Anybody know why this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's broken up into multiple three hour blocks. Look right after that one.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a DVR but there is not enough room to record the entire event, which I would like to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can record this to directly to DVD?

Is there a DVR I can go buy with a built in DVD recorder so I can record it directly to DVD?

Other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like the easiest thing would be to either break up the broadcast (they do have breaks, including a long dinner break, during which you could turn off the recording) or, as someone else suggested, copy the Turning Stone broadcast onto a DVD, thus freeing up room. But I don't have a TIVO-type DVR, so I am not sure whether it is possible to do either of these things.

If it is not OR if you want an excuse to buy a new toy, there are plenty of DVD players which can record from your TV onto DVD disks (as opposed to the DVR's hard-drive), which is what I have been using to record stuff. They have gotten pretty cheap, probably something around $100 for a low-end Wal-Mart version. Just make sure you get the right kind of DVD disks -- there are a lot of different formats (DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW etc.) and not all of them work in all machines.

If you do, you might want to format a couple of disks in advance because it can take a couple of minutes to format the disks. Last year, I had two disks ready, formatted to record 8 hours each. I switched disks during one of the breaks (during which they showed reruns of previous ME final tables which I already had) somewhere around the seventh hour.

Oh, and one more thing: when you are done recording, finalize the disk. I didn't do that with the live Monte Carlo tournament, and about three days afterwards, my old DVD player broke. Because the disk wasn't finalized, it could not be read by the new DVD player I bought to replace the broken one. So now I finalize a disk as soon as it is finished/full. (Kind of like backing up your work -- if you don't do it, your computer WILL lose it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

very helpful

thx
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 AM

once i finally got ahold of a manager at my cable company, i got it worked out. they are actually carrying it unlike the idiot girl i talked to the first time.

i also got ahold of a espn representative who said the website was down for awhile tonight but should be up now if anyone is wondering.

thx for the reply tho
Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 AM

Should be a good final table
Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 AM

I tried to record the other blocks, but it says that I must first purchase the block. If I purchased the first block..3pm-6pm..are you able to view the ENTIRE final table, or are they forcing me to buy each block? Anyhelp is much appreciated.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to record the other blocks, but it says that I must first purchase the block. If I purchased the first block..3pm-6pm..are you able to view the ENTIRE final table, or are they forcing me to buy each block? Anyhelp is much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

One purchase of 19.95 for the ENTIRE table.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One purchase of 19.95 for the ENTIRE table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah once you purchase the PPV you *should* be able to record each block...I know that's what I was able to do last year.