Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2006, 06:57 AM

Default eploiting mistakes, HOW??

Hello!

In one of my early posts ( http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=9#Post8010908 ) i was reminded that a lot ( better ALL) of you profit comes from mistales you opponents make. After reading Theory of Poker (p.270-272) again and again, and looking on Threads about taking notes, i must admitt i dont fully understand all.
So i now start this thread to discuss which mistakes can be exploited in micro-limits and how it can be done. I think all notes about a player should contain his mistakes so you can take advantage of them, but therefor you must fully understand them. Another point is how can Pocker Tracker help me to classify the mistakes someone does?
I will start giving you the list in ToP (Theory of Poker) and expressing my Thought's. This will be done Part by Part, after completing the list i want to discuss some other mistakes not mentioned before. I will edit this post about once a week so you can find most information here.
The list is given in:
Mistake index - Opponent does A - do B.

1.) "bluffs to much" - call down more, fold less (THX to Guruman for making this clear).
? i got no idea how PT can help me here ?

2.) "bluffs to little" - "stop a bluff, then fold if you cannot beat a hand" (Sklansky). ? Means i should raise as a defense against a bluff, if he calls my raise i should throw away all hands which i think he has beaten.?
? Again i dont know how PT can help me to identify a player who bluffs to little (stats) ?

3.) "Never folds any fair hand on the end" - "never bluff, but come out betting with a decent hand". clearly you should not bluff if you expect to be called with a made hand and bet your better hands for value if he calls.
? i would expect such a player to have a W$SD of less 45%, correct ?

4.) "Rarely folds a fair hand on any round" - "Don't slowplay. Bet your decent hands for value". If you can expect you opponent to call with his fair hands you surely should not miss a bet by slowplaying. Your better hands can be raised/bet for value since your opponent has a low calling standard.
? Since this player folds less than he should he should have WSD of more than 35% with a W$SD of less than 45% ?

O.K. lets begin discussion!