Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/23 - $50K Horse - Parts 3 and 4)

[ QUOTE ]
that matusow exit hand was so funny. he had just about every part of his opponents hand covered - except for that very single one. look on his face was priceless. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

also lol at negreanus exit pretending he got bad beat on the last hand when he was drawing against 20 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matusows hand looked worse than it was. 08 pf equities are much closer than they look. Much closer.

-Tex
Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 PM

I honestly don't know why people found Amnon annoying. Someone enlighten me.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also lol at negreanus exit pretending he got bad beat on the last hand when he was drawing against 20 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read that into his behaviour. I think it was just that the HORSE tournament was one he really wanted to win, and he was more diappointed he was out.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't know why people found Amnon annoying. Someone enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish Gabe won this tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every single hand Gabe was in (on TV) he played like a total donkey. The KKX stud hi lo hand versus Deeb was a complete joke.

I was shocked to see he was among the chips leaders for a while. But perhaps ESPN only showed his donk hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe has become my hero but he played those hands terribly. On PAD he said that he only plays in 2-3 tournaments a year and hasn't played in the main event for a few years. He marveled at how Doyle still plays so many tournaments and said he personally doesn't have the stamina anymore. He look exhausted to me, he didn't even realize that Raymer paired his door card on six in that razz hand. My guess is he probably played some real good poker early, then got lucky and stayed in longer then he should have. Gabe my man, if you read this don't play in anything beyond two days
Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 AM

norman chads results oriented commentary was especially tilt-inducing this episode
Old 10-25-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish Gabe won this tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every single hand Gabe was in (on TV) he played like a total donkey. The KKX stud hi lo hand versus Deeb was a complete joke.

I was shocked to see he was among the chips leaders for a while. But perhaps ESPN only showed his donk hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe has become my hero but he played those hands terribly. On PAD he said that he only plays in 2-3 tournaments a year and hasn't played in the main event for a few years. He marveled at how Doyle still plays so many tournaments and said he personally doesn't have the stamina anymore. He look exhausted to me, he didn't even realize that Raymer paired his door card on six in that razz hand. My guess is he probably played some real good poker early, then got lucky and stayed in longer then he should have. Gabe my man, if you read this don't play in anything beyond two days

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah obviously missing that paired door card rattled him, then he didn't want to look bad again by paying off on the river. It was sad to watch.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 AM

I really like Gabe and wish he's had the courage to call that 7th street card. He did really well to get as far as he did but it was strange not seeing the funny guy we see on HSP! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol world series of chip stacking

how did Carlos Mortensen not win this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Adam Schoenfeld have a real job or what? He seems to pop up on ESPN when they need a smarta^s opinion on something related to poker but he never seems to be anywhere close to a final table.

From CP's db he hasn't cashed in anything since 2004 and the only tourney (that made it in the db) that he won was the Linda Johnson Celebrity Challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned in a long ago thread that he is my pet peeve about ESPN's coverage. I can get past everything else. They are ALWAYS trying to get his opinion on things when he has no relevance whatsoever. My head hurts just thinking about him. And didn't it seem like he and Lederer were just mailing in that segment. Schoenfeld looked like he had ZERO desire to be there. Get him OFF my TV [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right on. Razz is probably the least skill-dependent game in the HORSE event, which is why everyone was being cautious.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 reasons for the passive razz play:

1) The tourney´s pay structure: the difference between 13 or 14th and 5th or 6th was huge so trying to make the final table was a priority. It didn't make sense to gamble so early.

2) Being this a HORSE event, players usually play their worse games in a more conservative way. Why force the action in a game in which you are not that good when you can save your chips and use them in your best games?

3) Very few of the players were any good at razz, but most of them were good enough to realize this.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP