Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Austin lived in the same dorm as several of my best friends freshman year. I was told that he was having some trouble in one of his classes, so a female classmate offered to help him out, tutor him, and do some of his work if necessary. In return, what was his payment to her? He had to sleep with her.

I mean, football players at PSU have groupies. I lived next to some of them my senior year. I really doubt that this guy needs to rape a girl to get some.

This, like most sexual assault charges against athletes, is probably bunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a bad post. You're attributing a large degree of rationality to a completely irrational action. Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all rape is the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but the "rape that isn't about sex but instead about power and domination" is probably pretty overrepresented among BMOC college athletes and pro athlete superstars, wouldn't you say?

EDIT: As opposed to the "rape that is about sexual frustration and not being able to get laid" I mean, not as opposed to "no rape at all." I'm not trying to imply athletes rape more often than non-athletes.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, cause all us Pennsylvanian hicks hate all black people, hyuck hyuck.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the whole cumming part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to rapists, cops, prosecutors,etc and it's most often a power thing. Far more than just wanting to get laid. You are wrong in this instance.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can I at least cop a feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh huh, good one Beavis, huh huh.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate State College with a passion... but there's no way in hell that place is 1/10th as bad as some of the hellholes I've been to in Kentucky.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

Rape does happen, of course, just not with stars, IMO, of course.

Discuss or flame away, but I'm off to the ASU game, will check back in later.

T
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

Rape does happen, of course, just not with stars, IMO, of course.

Discuss or flame away, but I'm off to the ASU game, will check back in later.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

In the article he admits that she said no sex prior to going to his apartment. I'm no expert, but that can't be good for his defense.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Crazy how much power women have accumulated in the usa.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllllll
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the whole cumming part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to rapists, cops, prosecutors,etc and it's most often a power thing. Far more than just wanting to get laid. You are wrong in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sigh not even going to comment.