Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: if you want to be angry...READ THIS POST: folded set 3bet pot-2,4N

BB is yet to act as well when the shove comes back to me. And KK is def in his range. Even if he is a tard and we know he folded, it should be taken into consideration at least.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: This post was made simultaneously with Xorbie's its not a response to the one ^^^^^ there.

You can't just include AK/AA in his range and stove it, that's the limitation of PokerStove in general - it assumes that all hand combinations are equally probable, when in fact they absolutely aren't. How often is he flat-calling with aces in this spot as opposed to 99/88 PF? With most people, its probably 1/3 of the time at the most. So of 6 combos, we're already down to 2. Maybe half 2/3 the combos of AK fit to be generous. Then we have to add in the times that they check that flop. Whereas we have all 3 combos of 88 standing, we've got at most one of AA and maybe 3 of AK, mayyyybe. And that's really generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do that by removing suits and leaving one or 2 combos and not all of them.Pokerstove rules.

And i can't imagine that he checked AK behind vs 2 players in raised pot even though it was a dry board.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM

I am angry!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 PM

RAWRRR
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 PM

My thoughts: Hero has 27% equity vs. KK,99-88,98s,AhKh,JhTh. I think KK is pretty unlikely here given the description of BB and that Hero is still in the pot, in which case Hero has closer to 35% equity. If you drop JhTh then Hero has 31% equity. Regardless, all of these equities are reasonably close to the 33.8% Hero needs for a call to be break-even assuming BB folds every time.

However, given the description of BB I think he's coming along here a lot with a range that 66 crushes which makes this a pretty clear call, IMO.

Oh yeah, and I hate the turn bet.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key is that UTG checked behind the flop, which he probably never would do with AA/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

yo, so im OP, i posted this on a friends acc bc i was at his apartment...

1. silentassasin is a good reg who (im almost certain) 4bets AA, KK, and a high if not entire percentage of the AK combos

2. the flop C from the 3bettor is either KKK or some hand that he is afraid to bet 3way

3. i donked turn small to induce a raise and i can (have) shown up with air in spots like that too, its a cheaper bluff...i was would absolutely continue with the hand against almost any combination of possible actions from those guys except this one

4. while UTG has a pretty polarized range i think it is safe to say that silentassasin is never bluffing here bc UTG sucks and is pretty stationy

5. while he prolly 4bets AA KK AK pre if he didnt im almost certain he puts a bet in with those hands on the flop

6. i think he checks 99 only sometimes on that flop...that being said im pretty sure he turned a higher set than me, his flop check was casual and his turn shove was instant

...i posted bc its folding a set in a 3bet pot which just doesnt really sit well with me but i am actually fairly confident it was the right play--to those of you who really know villain, give him a range...xorbie gave him a reasonable range but i think he folds those SCs pre (maybe not JTs)...keep in mind he has to act first on BBs 3bet

also, xorbie and ike...whoever else i think JCmougla (sorry for butchering your name) explained fairly eloquently why this combination of events--preflop and the turn fold--is not inconsistent
Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your turn bet is absoluetly awful.

If you made a real bet and the following action happened, i'd fold pretty easy.

As played, i would call it off as a punishment for betting the turn like a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This pretty much sums it up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree
Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you donk bet the turn like that you should be folding because you dont deserve the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

but this is also true!