Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 AM

Default 66 turns nice 400nl

villain is new 2/4 player it seems 'newmoney33' been battling on a couple tables for about 3 hours. i stacked off to him once with aa vs his set of twos he c/r flop i call he bet big on turn i shoved over for a buyin. i stacked him earlier hu when rr'ed KTo hit trips TT7 flop i value town three streets river boat he pays off with 66. He seems a little erratic and has openly stated he's not that good but plays solid starting hands etc.

One interesting thing about him is he calls down light with like second pair to multiple shells and when he's the pf raiser you can expect psb's the whole way he jams a lot and will call down light, a lot. Doesn't really bluff much postflop but cbet like a champ prolly 98% of the time so obv some bluffs there i guess. Doesn't make many 'moves' i should say just ram jam mult. streets when he has the lead.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $1,580.65
SB: $390
BB: $199.60
UTG: $84.20
Hero (CO): $990.40

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $8, <font color="red">BTN raises to $38</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $30

Flop: ($90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $84</font>, Hero calls $84

Turn: ($258) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($258) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $258</font>...

I think i [censored] up the turn pretty good river lead or c/r is in question plus river bet size. Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 66 turns nice 400nl

im thinking turn lead is good to get $$ in if he has an ace plus i'll have a hard time repping and ace after flop call so it looks bluffy maybe half pot or something then value town river.

maybe turn lead river c/r that would be disgusting imo cause he calls down light and almost for sure would with an ace.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:25 AM

oh man, bet that turn for sure. if he has an ace he is at least calling down two streets.

as played, i prefer a smaller river bet, somewhere around half pot as a fake blocker. he will be much more likely to call down with 77-KK, and will hopefully raise an ace. if he does raise the river i strongly recommend a min3bet, this will not only guarantee a call, but also likely send him on sick tilt and thus result in more profit on multiple tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 AM

minreraise so dirty, i love it.

i cant' believe i check this turn. i can't believe it. cannot.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 AM

I fold flop in 95% of all cases here, you have 4 outs and can't continue if he fires turn again.
If I miracously would hit my turn card I would praise my incredible luck and bet $150 and hope for an A.
If he is good and checked turn behind with an A (but called river) you should be hating yourself for not stacking him here.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 AM

I don't much like flop checkcall, truly a RIO situation, but w/e, you've made your hand, now lead. I'd guess less than 10% of his range isn't overpair or Ax, so you should be looking to get value out of him, best time is the turn. Once he's checked back the turn, it looks like 88-QQ or something playing for pot control. He might v-bet these hands on the river, but he gets to set the bet size there, so you may as well just bet, more than you think he'd bet with an overpair. Make it near the full pot, I think there's a compelling argument for a huge river overbet if he's the tricky type.