Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone In The Strip Club Buisness?

[ QUOTE ]
Please do some more research before posting things like this.

The best part of the post is "I have no idea".

[/ QUOTE ]
Well it could potentially be quite a time saver if some guy came on and said "You're gonna need like 300k to fix up the bar and kitchen alone"

I wouldn't even bother entertaining the idea further if this was the case
Old 08-27-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is serious, but anyways from the Dept of State website -

"Penalties for possession of, use of, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Cambodia are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines. "

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the feeling while I was there this won't be a problem. I expect it will be a matter of giving the cops like 10 bucks or something ridiculous, not sure yet though

I was shown and offered giant bags of weed and other stuff in broad daylight many times while there

Although I may just have to turn a blind eye to dealers dealing in our club. This is probably a much safer idea
Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: I AM IN THE Strip Club Buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Your best bet would be to start researching heavily via the internet, and then move there with your 6 month plan. Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to get into the strip club biz in Cambodia, you might want to open up your options a bit and see if there is anything easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this sounds like the best bet. While learning the language for the first 6 months, we'd hopefully get an idea of exactly how hard this will be, and maybe we'll end up just saying f it, it was a nice 6 month vacation
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM

I'm thinking of opening up a deep-dish pizza restaurant on Mars. The plan is to go there, scope out the locals, rent a place, and then start making pizza using my secret recipe.

This is either a joke post or Fishead has some serious competition. Why exactly do you want to open up a strip club in Cambodia? It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... in Cambodia (probably be Phnom Penh)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only rich/fat people in Cambodia are the Chinese, police and polititians.

The Chinese because they're Chinese. and the other 2 because of corruption. "There's a new tax on gas canisters, so you'll have to give me 50% of your profits." Is a not so suprising remark from a policeman to some old lady scratching out a living selling baked rats on a stick from a road-side stall.

It sounds like you've never been there.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is serious, but anyways from the Dept of State website -

"Penalties for possession of, use of, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Cambodia are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines. "

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS. Weed grows wild along the roadside all over Cambodia. You can buy it from markets and get it free as a side dish in some restaurants.

If you're caught, the police just want a few quid and to tell you to FO. The Cambodians have a little more on their plate than to worry about people being wasted.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 PM

guys no talk of selling any sort of drugs please or ill have to lock the threads.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of opening up a deep-dish pizza restaurant on Mars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

Seriously, OP - you'll be an outsider badly in need of a gimmick to draw the locals and ward off the heat. My suggestion is all you can eat lunch featuring 8-year old dancers shooting rice balls from their privates out into the hungry crowd. Kind of a twist on sticky rice...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, OP - you'll be an outsider badly in need of a gimmick to draw the locals and ward off the heat. My suggestion is all you can eat lunch featuring 8-year old dancers shooting rice balls from their privates out into the hungry crowd. Kind of a twist on sticky rice...

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it's catering for white tourists, so I figured the only gimmick I needed was a quality strip joint. From my limited knowledge there aren't any there, just a ton of brothels

So you reckon the police/politicians would be a huge problem for me in terms of corruption? No way around this?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 PM

I have no idea, but that's my suspicion regarding any business that serves up sex and alcohol. You should really find out more before sinking any capital into this.