Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

Just did a trade with Backspin20, quick transfers and no problems. Will do again.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i would advise to anyone not to do trades with this guy until the absolute situation is resolved. apparantly it is very easy to not only reverse transfers by pleading with support, but they can give anyone your personal information

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my take on the situation.

Let's rewind to the previous thread.

Limitninja got involved in several transfers in which he did not send funds. Bad for him.

To his credit, he then stayed active in the forum, and has made progress towards repaying all he owes.

He recently got involved in a transaction with yellowsub wherein the sent funds were not promptly returned. LNJ got nervous with what he felt was an unseemly delay, and took recourse in the only way he felt he could.

AP reversed the transaction, and volunteered personal information on another player.

IMO, all three parties share some culpability.

<u>LNJ: Improperly traded.</u>
Sent the full amount to an untested partner. I could be wrong about the untested part, but I don't recall seeing yellowsub recently active here.

I'm not privy to the agreement, but it seems like it was not sufficiently communicated when the payment from yellowsub was to be expected.

In light of the communication breakdown, I find no fault in your attempt to reverse the transaction.

<u>yellowsub: Improperly traded.</u>
Unless you informed you partner beforehand to expect delays, you had an obligation to promptly complete your end of the transaction.

<u>AB: Yikes!</u>
Personal info. Unilateraly reverse a trade. Enough said.

<u>Unsolicted advice.</u>

LNJ:
Slow down. I don't doubt your sincerity in trying to quickly repay your debts. You haste almost cost you $1,000.

Had it not been for some questionable actions by AP, you might be $1K poorer right now.

Get references, trade in chunks, agree on the timing, and above all, be patient.

Your debtors are not doubt pleased by your efforts. I'm sure they would rather see that you do not get unnecessarily derailed.

yellowsub:
The best traders become that way by remaining vigilant. You can go a long way to assuage your future partners concerns by remaining in contact with them until the transaction is complete.

AP:
Never release personal info or rescind a transfer without first hearing from both parties. Never.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Insinuating that Yellowsub shouldn't be trusted because he doesn't post in this thread is ludicrous.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Insinuating that Yellowsub shouldn't be trusted because he doesn't post in this thread is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 PM

$1081.30 on FTP - need $1055 on stars. Reputable posters only please or be prepared to send first. I have references.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:12 PM

yellowsub, please respond and tell me why you never responded after you recieved the money
Old 08-11-2007, 05:54 PM

I will give 145 on Full Tilt for 140 on Pokerstars. Have references or be willing to send first.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:00 PM

can someone trade me 20 on wpex for 22 on stars? ill send first.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oliver, thanks for your input. It never hurts to have another set of eye at work here.

I plead not guilty, you honor.

I'm sure you've seen how I sometimes employ subtleties. I'm equally sure that you've seen that at times I can go full throttle to excoriate someone who's earned it. (Remember pkrblog?)

In this matter, I was hoping to convey with candor my assesment of yellowsubs' trading ability. I had no intent of impugning yellowsub, and I apologize to you any anyone who took umbrage.

I have to admit, I did no research on him aside from a quick search for posts here regarding recent trading. Since those were lacking, I read some of the others, and found them to be mostly substantive.

In light of that research (research is a lousy word for what I did, but it will have to suffice for now), I felt that a fair assessment of his trading ability could be reasonably categorized as 'untested', not 'reliable', not 'unreliable', simply 'untested'. I still feel that way.

Please note the disclaimer.[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong about the untested part, but I don't recall seeing yellowsub recently active here.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope that you'll agree that that is a screaming invitation for scrutiny.

His lifetime winnings are of significance, inasmuch as it shows an ability to trade at that level, but I'm sure that all seasoned traders, such as yourself, can agree that that is but one facet of successful trading.

We have no sure way of knowing what research LNJ did, if any.

We have no sure way of know what agreement they made regarding the timing of their trade, if any.

There seems to be no argument about the other salient points.
-----
Slightly off topic.

I have the feeling that I'm wagering on the wrong horse in this race. The smart money is heavily favoring YS.

(Warning, insinuation coming)

I'm slightly dismayed that yellowsub can accept a transfer, then take more than an hour send his share, then be quizzical and cavalier in his replies to LNJ's straightfoward questions.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:49 PM

clamper, you do realize that the vast majority of the $ traded on this site doesn't occur in this thread?