Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

All,

I have tons of thoughts on how to lift back. I think its the most poorly exercised muscle group, and I am way ahead of the curve in that department. Just wondering if there's any interest in me writing a semi-article. It would be directed towards power/body-building. It might be a huge waste of time.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is this thing people do where they lie on the floor under the Smith machine bar, grab the bar with both arms, and pull themselves up for like 90 reps? People are so [censored] dumb sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a row. And a weird one at that. They are too stupid to do real exercises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably someone who isn't strong enough for pull-ups but doesn't want to just isolate completely by doing curls.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I have tons of thoughts on how to lift back. I think its the most poorly exercised muscle group, and I am way ahead of the curve in that department. Just wondering if there's any interest in me writing a semi-article. It would be directed towards power/body-building. It might be a huge waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested. As right now, the only actual back exercise I do is various forms of pull ups, and supplement with some rowing. I don't want a strong back, but I would like to be able do one arm pull ups and or throw significant weight on and still do pull ups.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want a strong back

[/ QUOTE ]

+

[ QUOTE ]

but I would like to be able do one arm pull ups and or throw significant weight on and still do pull ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

error, does not compute.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM

I've moved on from Starting Strength to Madcow's 5x5, after milking out about as much gains as I could. It seems much easier. For one, you don't go balls to the wall three times a week; there's a heavy, medium, and light day. And more importantly, you don't do three heavy sets across, but instead ramp up to just one truly heavy set.

SS was getting to be really tough psychologically so this should be a refreshing change of pace. I'm hoping to add 5 to 10 pounds to all my big lifts over the next 5 or 6 weeks. Should be doable.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want a strong back

[/ QUOTE ]

+

[ QUOTE ]

but I would like to be able do one arm pull ups and or throw significant weight on and still do pull ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

error, does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, def not gonna happen. If you can do a one arm pull up, you are triangular. The main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, def not gonna happen. If you can do a one arm pull up, you are triangular.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol edit: 0:31

[ QUOTE ]
The main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough PUMPAGE?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 PM

Jihad,

I'd be very interested in reading your article if my back wasn't so [censored] up at the moment.

Hell, I'd read it anyway and hope I get better soon to start implementind what I learn.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM

One arm pull ups are insane, even if some ppl can do them.

I can do like 30 pullups, clap pullups, tons of weighted pullups, etc but I cant come close to doing a one armed pull up.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, def not gonna happen. If you can do a one arm pull up, you are triangular.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol edit: 0:31

[ QUOTE ]
The main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough PUMPAGE?

[/ QUOTE ]Can't get youtube at work, summarize? I can't tell if I'm being mocked here or not, I'm stoopid. Care to clarify?