Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
failed 280 squat @ 195. getting leaner, boys!

[/ QUOTE ]
bicep pics plz

[/ QUOTE ]

w/ and w/out ice sleeve plz k thx. <3
Old 11-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Stayed with my GF's family over Thanksgiving. Holy crap it reminded me how bad the average American eats. I don't think there was a single vegetable served the entire time I was there. I'm pretty sure they counted the potatoes as vegetables, and the potatoes had brown sugar and marshmallows on them.

Next time I have to stay with them I'm gonna have to bring some protein powder and celery with me in my luggage.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:46 PM

I'm amazed at how many meals I go to that have no or virtually no vegetables at them anymore. How the hell did we go so wrong that it's only meat, starch, and sugar?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Hey guys those of you that do CrossFit and lift weights..how regimented are you?

How easy is it to stay up on the WOD's(5x weekly) and lift 3-5 times a week?

I want to start to do the WOD regularly which means 5x weekly but I havent really lifted other than bodyweight exercises in a long time.

I lifted regularly from 17-30 years of age..I'm 45 now.

I'm thinking about reindoctrinating myself by doing Rippetoe's SS and maintaining my 3x weekly PT(bodyweight stuffullups, situps,pushups< dips) supersets for at least a month or 2 before I do the WOD regularly just to build my strenght base back up.

There is a crossfit about 40 miles north..which I could easily hit up just 3 times a week...if I dont do the exerices myself.. I 'd rather go up there thu since he is a good CrossFit affiliate: http://harborcitycrossfit.typepad.com/ and offers a week free with an introductory evaluation and only $70 a month after that. I also want some assistance with form and possible exercise subsitutes and many of his clients-cops, military are older guys like me.

How do you guys mix in CrossFit with lifting or vice versa..do you prefer one over the other as your main gig.
Is it difficult to combine ..if so how do you adapt your workout schedule?

..I want to get to the point where I'm doing a regular routine of strenght training, CrossFit, stretching/core work and swimming. Right now I do an occasional WOD mixed into my regular PT and swimming workouts. I dont want to go overboard too fast thu.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 AM

REACHED TURKEY TROT GOAL....BARELY...

49:55

Really tough. Straight uphill. 39 degrees. Windy. nose was numb for the first mile which i ran WAY too fast (7:13)......

training on the treadmill didn't prepare me for that, but at least i made my goal of breaking 50 minutes.

had chocolate pie at thanksgiving mmmm.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Just swam 3500 meters mostly pulling sets finished with an 800 IM. Also stretched 15 minutes prior to swimming and it felt really good after doing the WOD yesterday including my first day doing cleans. Good link for quick 10-15 pre-swim stretching: Flexibility for Swimming.

My arms were crazy tight from dips..If I'm going to maintain/improve my swimming while adding CrossFit and SS workouts I must stretch daily to maintain my flexibility.

off to do the Crossfit warm-up and todays WOD-hopefully I'll be able to find that weight belt that is sitting somewhere around the gym to do the weighted pullups.

after taking off the practice plates yesterday doing cleans and adding just 35 lbs plates ..I felt pitifully weak..havent really lifted or done regular compund lifts for years.

Depending on how I feel after the CrossFit workout ..I may to do my first SS workout later today. I dont want to do it right after my WOD maybe 2- 6 hours later. Luckily I live right down the street from a great gym.

Anybody have any good clues on the warmup regiment for SS Workout. Should I do 10 reps extremely lite, 6-8 reps light then do 3x5? The bb.com article all 150 pages of it dont mention a specific warmup ritual.

Dont have the book yet just ordered the 2nd edition last week.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Wtf is this thing people do where they lie on the floor under the Smith machine bar, grab the bar with both arms, and pull themselves up for like 90 reps? People are so [censored] dumb sometimes.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 PM

280 isnt that bad, a lot but do able
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Reverse pushup/pullup type exercise? It's not the dumbest thing in the world, 90 reps? maybe. but i've done the movement before...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is this thing people do where they lie on the floor under the Smith machine bar, grab the bar with both arms, and pull themselves up for like 90 reps? People are so [censored] dumb sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a row. And a weird one at that. They are too stupid to do real exercises.