Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

[ QUOTE ]
i love antonio. he's a great player and seems like a nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Antonio as a great player and cool guy too. There was a rumour he was banging Pamela Anderson, the guy has serious game in more ways than one. He seems to be tight but optimally mixes his game up. I was a little annoyed by his debating with top set, either Greenstein flopped a flush or he didn't, there are plenty of other hands he could be betting that river with too. Over all I think Antonio is very good for poker.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:52 PM

I did not see the show. However I have played with both Antonio and Phil Laak, (actually at the same time.)

Table conduct-wise, Antonio WAS fine and his table banter was entertaining. Phil Laak however had this retarded surfer-dude personna, which seemed limited to making random, Tourette-esque comments about nothing intelligible.

As far as I could tell, both played pretty well.

If you would "love to hang out with them for a weekend", then you have a serious fan-boi crush..... not that there is anything wrong with that of course. Rocks & Rings seemed all about making such fantasies come true for fan-bois.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:57 PM

i think Antonio always comes off as a pretty solid poker player, makes good reads etc. I have never met him so cant really judge what hes like as a person but his talk at the table has never really bothered me. I dont see how he can bug people so much, but i guess these are the people who hate almost every tv poker player.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a person with 307 posts you demonstrate a remarkable lack of poker knowledge. So sad...

[/ QUOTE ]

For Your Pleasure.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM

"I could be riding camels in the desert but instead I'm here with you" is what he said on HSP which I found funny.

Have you watched the new Poker After Dark with Antonio? Alan Boston on that show is such a douche nozzle it's sick.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think Antonio always comes off as a pretty solid poker player, makes good reads etc. I have never met him so cant really judge what hes like as a person but his talk at the table has never really bothered me. I dont see how he can bug people so much, but i guess these are the people who hate almost every tv poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much...but if they post on 2+2 it's a different story.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 PM

By the way 4postle I actually think Antonio is a solid player, as I said before find something where I've said otherwise but your first post I quoted just read like a quote from a bad poker tips site. Also, yeah I'm sure it's only donks that go broke with top set, no decent player ever does that right?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way 4postle I actually think Antonio is a solid player, as I said before find something where I've said otherwise but your first post I quoted just read like a quote from a bad poker tips site. Also, yeah I'm sure it's only donks that go broke with top set, no decent player ever does that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

"A bad poker tips site" lol....Do you know where I even got the idea...Concept No.20 of NLHE written by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. Go to the bookstore and buy a copy.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"A bad poker tips site" lol....Do you know where I even got the idea...Concept No.20 of NLHE written by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. Go to the bookstore and buy a copy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sooner your genes are removed from the national population the better, god forbid you decide to breed
Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Read about 1/3 or 1/2 of the discussion.
I love all the people who write:
"Antonio sucks, bla bla"
You have no [censored] idea how good/bad he is (at least most of you), you've never played against him.
He gambles a lot (the hand against DB on the last season), and i think nobody stacked him...

Instapushing with the 3rd nut flush 400BB deep, lol you freaking idiots...
Why dont you go in the game? I mean all you need is 500k, you can borrow it, since you'll double up within 3minutes. You'll sit there, playing your A game, reading everyone correct, although they show a lot of strength and confidence. It's easy i know, i just dont have the balls to do it, but i am sure you do...