Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legis ?

Although there was a creative 'cross-over" thread about getting "Ron Paul supporters" to write on our behalf, virtually all the "Ron Paul" threads are nothing more than an attempt to hijack this forum for a particular political campaign.

Mods, enough .... Ron Paul has little to do with the prospect of poker legislation. We all know he is running for President, and is a Libertarian in Republican clothing. So what, he has 1 vote in the House, nothing more to offer us.

There is a difference between politics and poker legislation.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legis ?

I really don't have a problem with one Ron Paul thread that was started to talk about Paul meeting the PPA. The other one to get Paul supporters to work on on our behalf is clearly relevant to the Legs forum. I have locked all other Ron Paul threads. PM me or notify mod if I missed one somewhere.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legis ?

Hey is this C-SPAN conversation new? Video wsa just posted but could be an old interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckujHMuf3w
Old 11-10-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legi

""Ron Paul" threads are nothing more than an attempt to hijack this forum for a particular political campaign."

No place for that here.

" and is a Libertarian in Republican clothing. "

I think you're a bit confused, but that's okay, this certainly isn't a political site. Ron Paul stands for small government, a humble foreign policy and personal liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Republican platform.. especially Reagan/Taft Republicans.

While I agree with your comment about spanning, let's not try the MSM Libertarian spin, okay?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul ..... non-helpful political advertisements posted in Legi

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're a bit confused, but ...

Ron Paul stands for small government, a humble foreign policy and personal liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Republican platform..

[/ QUOTE ]

At their very best, Republicans stand for small government, but they have never been known for embracing personal liberty (and neither have Democrats, albeit for different reasons). Of course, for the better part of the past decade, the GOP leadership seems to have forgotten that small government used to be one of their goals. Foreign policy, of course, has never been on really solid philosophical moorings under either party.

Ron Paul is a libertarian, and he's far from the first to duck out into the GOP in order to have an actual effect. The Libertarian National Party considers Ron Paul to be one of their own, to the extent that there's a serious debate over whether they would even bother to run a candidate if Paul were to win the Republican nomination (they likely wouldn't, and their rank and file would overwhelmingly support Paul even if they did).

Consider yourself corrected, and severely so. You couldn't possibly have been more wrong, which makes your rude manner all the more annoying.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Time to justify my name ....

" .... small government, a humble foreign policy and personal liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Republican platform.. especially Reagan/Taft Republicans."

Taft ? You mean the isolationist Neanderthal, who died in 1954 or so, is relevant to today's political discussions / He was left behind under Eisenhower's Presidency.

As for "personal freedom", the "Reagan Republicans" definitely included the Evangelical Right, the bane of personal freedoms. But, you probably knew that.

Also, Reagan was pretty damn aggresive in foreign policy, hardly humble.

Maybe you meant Barry Goldwater Republicans.

Nevermind though, because you apparently have missed the Republican administration of George Bush these past few years. Deficits ? Aggressive foreign policy ? Personal freedom ?

You think the operative Republican platform is anything other than "Scrap the Constitution/personal freedom, to better fight against terrorism for oil and for God's Will, as revealed to whom ? .... in your dreams, maybe.

Wake up Sonny. Bush's "humble" foreign policy and the push against online gaming are clearly Republican driven. He is your standard bearer, unless you prefer Dick Cheney maybe.

I may be a bit confused, as you say, but you are at least 40 years out of touch with the Republican record.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Time to justify my name ....

[ QUOTE ]

I may be a bit confused, as you say, but you are at least 40 years out of touch with the Republican record.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must get you history from comic books and you civics lessons from MTV.

D$D
Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Time to justify my name ....

This definately donesnt belong
Closed Thread