Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: NL25 AJ Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
do you know anything about your villains here? Cause I fold AJ a lot PF here in early and middle position.. even if I am first in. Its a trouble hand especially when you are almost ALWAYS going to be OOP here. I mean, after all you hit your Ace and still had to get away from the hand. Just a thought. Id much rather raise with a 10/9 suited here than an AJ. GL

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that AJ can be a problem hand sometimes but open folding it from MP2 is just scary tight...and that's coming from a super-nit. I don't think you're almost always going to be OOP here. In fact, in this situation I'd actually say the reverse would usually be true.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 PM

i would definitely play turn the same. in multi way pots you have to be scared. your kicker is not that great anyway.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Lolz easiest fold in history, two pair, set AQ you are beat here sooo often. You need to be ahead 25% of the time, you aren't ever. And reverse implied odds screw you on the button.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 AM

preflop: EP fold; MP limp; LP raise. @NL25 your in trouble alot of times when an ace hits the flop. Anybody see this. Raising MP is taking any J7+ and Ax to the flop along with any monster limpers. Let me know if I'm way off base here.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Preflop is fine, although it is the earliest position where I usually play it. well played imo.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop: EP fold; MP limp; LP raise. @NL25 your in trouble alot of times when an ace hits the flop. Anybody see this. Raising MP is taking any J7+ and Ax to the flop along with any monster limpers. Let me know if I'm way off base here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise AJs UTG. AJo I start raising at MP2. I think limping in EP with either is pretty bad but that's just me.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise AJs UTG. AJo I start raising at MP2. I think limping in EP with either is pretty bad but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is all very table/image dependent.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no question Jeff. Just describing my basic game plan for a standard NL25 table although I can't ever imagine a scenario where I would open limp AJ in EP.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no question Jeff. Just describing my basic game plan for a standard NL25 table although I can't ever imagine a scenario where I would open limp AJ in EP.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't mean to come off as smug or "corrective" there (though I think I did). Didn't even really meant to respond to you specifically (though I did). My point was more just to address this whole question of "how do I play AJs" question that is being tossed around in this thread.

I too have a default strategy for AJs (and some other hands) at the level I play (50NL), but I try to observe and adjust as necessary. There are many tables at which I will open raise AJs UTG and others where I will fold it in the first few spots.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't mean to come off as smug or "corrective" there (though I think I did). Didn't even really meant to respond to you specifically (though I did). My point was more just to address this whole question of "how do I play AJs" question that is being tossed around in this thread.

I too have a default strategy for AJs (and some other hands) at the level I play (50NL), but I try to observe and adjust as necessary. There are many tables at which I will open raise AJs UTG and others where I will fold it in the first few spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't take it that way at all. That's what's so great about this game (and so frustrating all at the same time). There's an element of science involved in developing a general gameplan but then the art comes in when it comes to implementing it.