Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 PM

Default NL50 Flopped a Set and messed up

Ok, problem here is I've checked the flop. The moment I did this I felt I should've bet. Now a check raise will look suspicious and he's out if he's c-betting. With the turn blank I'm reluctant to to bet as if he is continuing then he's certainly done with the hand. I checked the river in the hope he thinks it's a busted flush draw.

Could someone advise me on the correct line. No specific reads on him, playing pretty tight and only 1 table, having about 3 different conversations in the chatbox so doubt he's paying too much attention to everyone else.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($62.85)
MP ($69.95)
Button ($19.25)
SB ($53.90)
Hero ($69.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $7.5</font>, Hero calls $7.50.

River: ($27.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: $27.25
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: NL50 Flopped a Set and messed up

bet flop is easily best line, but once you are facing a flop bet, not c/ring is terrible

turn is even worse

this hand is literally the worst play possible

Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 PM

i dont think checking the flop is terrible although i would probably never do it. that may not extract the most value though. you could probably bet into that turn, perhaps a tad light. i would definatly bet the river, if he has no respect for you, he might think you have a 4. his line almost looks like a missed club draw since he checks behind.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Sorry if this comes off harsh, but a little bereducation never hurt anyone.

Every street you had the opportunity to put more money in the pot. Every street you failed to do this. This hand is really really gross.

I 3bet preflop, lead the flop because it's multiway (no guarantee of a cbet) and drawy (don't let people draw for free). I guess a turn check could be OK but please please please check/raise once he bets. You have the nuts, get some money in the pot.

I don't even want to comment on the river because you should never ever be in that spot again. Not betting hard with premium holdings is arguably the biggest leak one could have an uNL. Try valuebetting more and if you get confused, just post some hands.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 PM

I would have c/r flop to about $8.00 and try to get AI.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:02 PM

With a 2 flush board, I bet this flop for 3/4 pot...

I'd probably bet pot on the turn... maybe overbet here? Villian may have an overpair that he likes...?

Bet at least 1/2 pot on the river. You want to make $$$ don't you? Then put some in the pot... build it. Fastplay most hand instead of playing passively. Only slowplay a flopped monster.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Your goal with monster flops like this is to play to the bigger range for villain because you're not getting paid off by the tiny tiny range villain would double barrel bluff with. With that being said, C/R the flop, lead pot on the turn and don't be upset if you didn't get every speck of value you could have because its all about maximizing expectation.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Every street you had the opportunity to put more money in the pot. Every street you failed to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing to remember...everytime I try to fancypants some solid hand I regret it.

Get the money in.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Well, I 3-bet him preflop. JJ is just too strong of a hand even in the BB. Flop is dependent on villian. If he's stationish then lead the flop, but if he's overly aggressive then I like the float on the flop BUT BET THAT TURN. You have to take the lead sometime in this hand. And bet the river for the very same reason.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 PM

I lead the flop for $4 hoping for a raise but not minding just a call. If he raises 3-bet AI, if he calls c/r turn AI.

If another person calls check any non pairing spade and call depending on pot odds. Bet 2/3 pot - full pot on all other turns.