Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: 50NL/KK - No idea where I am

I sometimes like raising the turn even if you put your opponent on a float-type move. Of course EV-wise it's better to call and hope you can get some more on the river. However, somebody who tries to make moves on you needs to be put in place or he will start doing it all the time. Psychologically, a punishment loses a lot of its effect if it comes delayed.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 PM

I think villain is less likely to do the weird donkbet/float move again if I pwncall him on 2 streets rather than me raising and let him fold. Also we get more buxx.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a read, for instance, you know your opponent is aggressive, will try and re-steal, and will pay off with a lot of second best hands, then calling the turn is OK. Your plan being that you'll get paid off on the river, but if you raise, this opponent will fold.

Against a more unknown opponent, you should raise this turn nearly 100% of the time. He obviously has some piece, and he may have picked up a draw as well, so you want to be raising for value here. If you want to examine leaks, not raising when you have the best hand, when your opponent will likely call, is costing you money.

Call the river. Since you only called a weak turn bet, you have to call the river. The only concievable hand your opponent has here that beats you is JT. It doesn't look like a set (maybe a really butchered one), abd there are a lot of goofy hands people will play at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and it almost looks like he has you on AK.