Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Default 25 NL- JJ UTG in multiway pot

I really despise getting minraised oop and am lost on what to do when it happens. Only played 15 hands with villian at the time. No reads at the time but he is running 35/25 over small sample

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $24.75
BB: $25
Hero (UTG): $25
MP: $26.15
CO: $25.85
BTN: $37.05

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($4.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero ??????
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: 25 NL- JJ UTG in multiway pot

This is a painful spot.

Because this is a MWP, I wouldn't feel confident stacking off on the flop. I call the minraise and probably CRAI turn if no T or overcard hits.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM

Readless I'd fold this, you bet into four people and got called by the button, if he's halfway decent (he's somewhat aggro at least so far), a PP would be a good calling hand on the button there. Really if I'm folding JJ I should be folding QQ+ but I probably couldn't find one with KK+ despite it being a leak
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 AM

You need to decide now if you are committed or not with so much money in the pot. A call is out of the question for me on a dry board, OOP, little history on villian, and not being ahead of many hands.

You raised preflop UTG and then c-bet into four players in second worts position. We don't know much about our opponent. Only thing we really beat in villian's possible range is AT and maybe KT. It's a dry flop so you are probably beat. Fold.