Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Bobby\'s Room 500-1k (trip report)

so.. i went up to rio to do some interview thing with bluff people, and mentioned playing 500-1k. i went up there last night (this morning) at like 4am and the game was just breaking and was down to like 5 asian dudes and they were playing chinese poker, so i left. rolled back over there this afternoon around 4 and found a nice lil 6 handed game going.

the game running was a 500-1k plo 500-1k/200 NL rotation game. i sat down in the 1 seat (thanks a lot aba) with aba in 2 seat, sammy farha in 3 seat, guy laliberte in 4 seat, viffer in 5 seat, jeff lissandro in 6 seat and john hennigan in 7 seat. (im like 80% on these names i never play live and dont really know who they are and what they look like).

anyways, i sit for 100k. i sit out first few hands till my BB, and its plo. first couple hands i fold, gets around to me utg with QcJhTs9h. i open 3500 sammy calls guy calls. flop comes down Kc9c4h. i think for a bit and decide to check. sammy fires out pot, guy calls, and i think for a good 30 seconds, and say meh what the hell ill pot it. sammy decides its smart to cold call, and guy folds. i turn a beautiful Td and stick my last 40k or whatever in. sammy all but instacalls and asks if i wanna run it twice. i say no thanks and the river bricks off. he shows Ac 5c and mentions how i got it in bad. i have no idea what else he had but im about 75% sure the 9 i had was good too. so yeah ship a 200k pot first few hands in the game.

anyways, few hands later its NL 500-1k with 200 ante, playing 6 handed, abas sitting out utg im in the bb. guy opens to 4k, viffer calls, i make it 20 with 7h6h and pick it up. so yeah feelin pretty solid.

lil bit later im UTG back to 7 handed, and i look down on KKJT with JTdd. i decide to limp, as im getting deeperish and dont really wanna play big pot oop. im a nit whatever. aba makes it 4500, gets 2 callers, and i call. flop comes down Qd 8h 4d. not too shabby of a flop for me, but im not exactly comfortable getting it in, so i decide to check. it ends up checking around, and the turn is an As. i lead out for 12k here intending to call a raise, and get called by sammy and guy. river is an Ac and im like mehhhhh i check. checks around and my KK is good. so ship another pot.

i played a few pots in between here, and actually made a super nitty fold against aba pf. guy limps jeff limps gets to me i make it 7k with AKo. aba thinks for a bit and makes it 23k, he covers me i have about 220ish. guy cold calls and its back to me. i wasnt really sure what to do here, as it seemed aba had a pretty big hand, and i was oop. i might have made a mistake here, but i ended up folding. i cant remember the last time i folded like this but i really felt he was strong, though its entirely possible he was making a move. anyways, flop came down TT6 with 2 clubs or something, aba bet out 36k and guy folded. he said he had 77 and they rabbit holed a 7c on the turn.

sammy was super talkative at the table. he actually talked me into straddling utg in plo a couple rounds after i stacked him by saying he would pot it any 2. i figured itd be good for my image etc etc and wasnt THAT terrible with the way things were going, so i straddled utg. aba folded, sammy potted just like he said, guy cold called, back to me i have As Ah Qs 7d, and i repot. im not SUPER excited about the spot as we are fairly deep and im oop, but thats pretty much only play. sammy calls, and guy folds. i was like ummmmmm ok ship it? flop came down Jc Tc 7h. i checked, sammy bet 60k, and i folded without much thought. he showed me JJ so i was happy with it. whatever pretty standard spot.

shortly thereafter, they make me leave. bobby baldwin said he was on his way so i had to get up. it was a 7-max table and i was most recent to join, and since its bobby's room and all, they said i had to get up and be first on the list. i was a lil annoyed as i thought the game was great, but i guess i couldnt complain as i booked a solid win in an hour and a half and was planning on meeting some people for bowling anyways.

so yea, first big live game experience turned out pretty well for me. had a lot of fun, made about 115k, and hopefully will play in it again. going home to texas tomorrow, but will prob be back out here towards end of month for durrrs 21st birthday, so might sit back in for some more action.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Bobby\'s Room 500-1k (trip report)

awesome tr
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 AM

how did kkjt end up being good on a q84aa board against two people? @_@

shame they forced you to leave though
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 AM

sick report, and an awesome game.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 AM

my god u are like #1 on subs "i wanna be you" list
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 AM

nice. good read
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how did kkjt end up being good on a q84aa board against two people? @_@

shame they forced you to leave though

[/ QUOTE ]

KK>their hands. Simple really.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 AM

Nice tr, wow to Sammy showing JJ in that hand.

This is sick. Did anyone there know you? Aba maybe?

raptarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr you da man