Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Bluff turn three bet

I could be convinced this isn't spew, but at the same time, by default, I think it is. What are this players showdown numbers? If he's a calling station, he'll look you up here often, because you either have a J or total air. He knows you probably don't have an overpair since you just 3-bet and are probably pretty tight.

So given your hand range right now is pretty much the nuts or nothing, I don't like it. However, if he's the type of opponent who might think "wow, he just 3-bet, he probably has me beat" then I think it's ok every now and again.

But again, I would need to be convinced that this is correct and not spew.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

I think check turn and call most rivers is the best play. If a turn c/r is going to put me in a gross spot, id rather see showdown for 1 bb than put in 3 as you did here. Id also rather not get c/red off of 6 outs.

EDIT: this sounds like the kind of guy that will bluff a lot of rivers when you check, making a turn check look even better.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM

If you bet, you have to fold. You have KING HIGH bro. True, a normal player would c/r the flop with a pair, but this dude is not normal. True, this will often be some sort of semi-bluff with a picked up heart draw or T9, but I don't think you have a +ev calldown. He could also be 'bluffing' with A hi for all you know.

Checking behind is also ok, but I would only call non T/9/7 rivers if I do.

Anyway, I would b/f the turn. If a lag pushes you off KING HIGH with a worse hand, big [censored] deal, next hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet, you have to fold. You have KING HIGH bro. True, a normal player would c/r the flop with a pair, but this dude is not normal. True, this will often be some sort of semi-bluff with a picked up heart draw or T9, but I don't think you have a +ev calldown. He could also be 'bluffing' with A hi for all you know.

Checking behind is also ok, but I would only call non T/9/7 rivers if I do.

Anyway, I would b/f the turn. If a lag pushes you off KING HIGH with a worse hand, big [censored] deal, next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah when i do stuff like this and review my session later... i can usually tell where a few BB's went. Worse thing is now i soooo don't want to showdown.