Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 07:52 AM

Default two more 2/4 hu hands

i'm playing villain on 2 tables on ftp, his name is gopheresque and i don't feel like he's a very strong player. he's not a total donk but he's not really putting much pressure on me. playing fairly straightfoward pf from what i can tell, and sorta weak post flop. not really value-betting very thin and i'm bluffing him a lot.

hand 1 - i peel the flop because ace high is probably good and check the turn probably folding to a bet. on the river i think if i bet he will look me up with a lot of 1 pair hands he will value bet but fold to a raise. i think this is the first and only c/r on the river i made but i think he has seen me attempt other river c/r's.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($24, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($64, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($64, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $721.25</font>(~290 for him to call)

hand 2 - i'm killing him at this point and 3-betting fairly liberally but not really outta control. i'm definitely outcarding him and i feel like he is stating to tilt. who likes what on the turn? i'm obviously trying to get the money in but do u think he is more apt to get a lot of chips in if i lead or if i c/r. maybe vs. him i should lead due his passive nature? interested what u guys have to say about this one. there's slightly more than 500 left to play for with slightly less than 200 in the pot.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $42</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($84, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $55</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($194, 2 players)
Hero ??
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: two more 2/4 hu hands

flop c-c or c-r is pretty standard for me?
i dont mind betting the turn, its a decent bluff card
river i probably fold 99% of the time, but that 1% of the time c/r river bluff sure looks swell.

man i think w/ 42 id just fold if yuo're running over him. i understand you like bossing ppl pf but that doesnt make sense given what you say of table conditions

id just bet again, like 150, and the rest on the river
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 AM

wow folding in hand 2 never crossed my mind pf. i was winning so many pots from him and if i wasn't gonna 3-bet i was def gonna at least call.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 AM

I understand you are using the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the first hand. But if the other guy has a flush... meh, I dont think he will fold it here. MAybe if you were deep and the action went: you bet, he raises, and THEN you push like 1,5 or 2x pot.

As it stands you are risking too much to win too little here IMO. I think you can raise to 220$ and have him fold most of his nonflush hands.

In hand 2 I think you gotta go broke if he has a nine. The question is only how to extract the most when ahead.
You do have the backdoor flushdraw so a check is not bad at all. It will help you get paid on the river if he doesnt have a nine. And if he has a nine you can make your flush (although if you are not deep stacked it doesnt matter much, since you will have to pay off for on bet on the river regardless. But with deep stacks I like a check-call for sure and then checkraise allin on a spade river).

pros of just pushing or betting is that he can call with worse because he thinks you are bluffing and would probably check with overpair after the 4card straight came. And you will have definte equity when then money goes in because of your backdoor draw.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow folding in hand 2 never crossed my mind pf. i was winning so many pots from him and if i wasn't gonna 3-bet i was def gonna at least call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess im craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy then
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't that make ME the crazy one? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't that make ME the crazy one? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, no, bc you ran over him, and its 4am and i cant sleep
Old 02-21-2007, 09:22 AM

If you're running over him, hand 2 bet turn get rest in on the river, he ain't folding an overpair here.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:03 AM

what are u repping in hand 1? would u ever c/c a flush draw on that flop?

i feel like u would def get more aggro on the flop
Old 02-21-2007, 10:18 AM

i think the biggest problem with hand 1 is that you aren't repping anything credible and thus he'll probably be confused and call reaaalllly thin