Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: FTOPS event #1 dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I 3bet and call a 4bet here. Really I think it's scariest if he just calls your 3bet pf, but I probably shove most any flop regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree if he just calls he probably won't fold all that often, but i only need 50% fold rate to break even(roughly, assuming it will be a psb if i 3-bet to 1k, it will be close to it). if villain is a good player you know and he just calls the 3-bet you ever c/f some flops?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I 3bet and call a 4bet here. Really I think it's scariest if he just calls your 3bet pf, but I probably shove most any flop regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree if he just calls he probably won't fold all that often, but i only need 50% fold rate to break even(roughly, assuming it will be a psb if i 3-bet to 1k, it will be close to it). if villain is a good player you know and he just calls the 3-bet you ever c/f some flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I tell myself I should check fold and then shove...honestly if he's good (and particularly if he doesn't know you) you should probably check fold a lot of flops.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:49 AM

i don't like 3 betting here unless you're going to RR enough to commit yourself and call a shove. I like calling more and just outplaying them postflop
Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like 3 betting here unless you're going to RR enough to commit yourself and call a shove. I like calling more and just outplaying them postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you propose to outplay the good button OOP with AT?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:03 AM

i don't know he's good or bad just that he's active, but there's not too much outplaying to be done if i flat call since we will have something like 4x pot left in stacks.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:10 AM

call: check-raise if you hit decent, check fold if you miss. I 3-bet this against only the laggiest of players and it doesn't seem like you have a good enough read on him yet. yes, he's active, but AT is my cutoff hand for 3 betting because you're not getting better hands to fold often(AJ sometimes) and worse hands don't call assuming he isn't terrible. his range isn't that wide
Old 05-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Gotta 3-bet here... really no question.

For starters, it's almost definitely +EV because he's folding so often.. and calling might even be -EV.

And, as if we need another reason, not 3-betting here really really really sucks for metagame. It means either your 3-betting range is insanely tight relative to BU's opening range (which is obviously exploitable as hell), or you're just never 3-betting, which is also awful because with these stacks being OOP is like the shittiest situation ever.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:27 AM

rr