Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 109r top pair monotone flop hand

Brutal spot but the cutoff's stack size helps us because we can call an allin and expect to be ahead reasonable % of the time. So I'd make some normal bet and just hope that the SB doesn't do something.

I don't really like checking, your hand is just a bit too good and the stacks a bit too shallow to check. Also a free card is killer.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:06 PM

'Also a free card is killer.'

i strongly disagree. if anything, a free card will boost our hand's equity up on a blank or let us get away cheaply on a scare card. it's not like tp medium kicker is a monster on this board as it is.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Also a free card is killer.'

i strongly disagree. if anything, a free card will boost our hand's equity up on a blank or let us get away cheaply on a scare card. it's not like tp medium kicker is a monster on this board as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the following cards are bad: any spade, any A,K,Q,7,6 etc etc. Do you not agree that these are all bad cards for us, some worse than others? It's also very plausible for an opponent to have a spade in their hand on the flop that they would simply fold to a bet.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:31 PM

i agree those cards are all 'bad' in comparison to others that could come. i'm not sure i agree with people folding flush draws, that doesn't seem to happen all that often imo. i think most hands with a spade either have a gutshot or pair or both and are strong enough that people are semi-bluffing or calling(more specifically the shortsack but the sb too).
Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree those cards are all 'bad' in comparison to others that could come. i'm not sure i agree with people folding flush draws, that doesn't seem to happen all that often imo. i think most hands with a spade either have a gutshot or pair or both and are strong enough that people are semi-bluffing or calling(more specifically the shortsack but the sb too).

[/ QUOTE ]

22,33,44 with a spade. Those are the 3 I was most referring to.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 PM

no matter what don't you feel a spade is coming and u are going to lose this hand . if kq is out there w a spade we are a dog . id check and see what develops.its wimpy but i want pot control.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no matter what don't you feel a spade is coming and u are going to lose this hand . if kq is out there w a spade we are a dog . id check and see what develops.its wimpy but i want pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I think it's too important a factor that the CO has only 3x the pot left and the pot is a decent % of our stack. It's very valuable IMO that we can call a CO's flop raise with impunity.