Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Borgata PR sports betting charges being brought

[ QUOTE ]
They can't stop taking care of the high-limit players, or else they will go outside and ride inside the limo waiting outside to go to the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, but the upper management can't be happy to hear Borgata's name in the news (second time this year) alongside illegal activity and the mob.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They can't stop taking care of the high-limit players, or else they will go outside and ride inside the limo waiting outside to go to the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, but the upper management can't be happy to hear Borgata's name in the news (second time this year) alongside illegal activity and the mob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I'm sure Borgata wants to take everyone in that room and just punch them in the face, but for the sake of future business, they can't and won't do a thing.

At worse, mabye they will lose their "Red Bull" privileges.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:44 PM

i wish ian the best
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

How may points per week was he charging you?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl
I know that 10-20 borgata is full of rejects like you that are looking at highlimit room from the outside. Please understand that you are talking about a real person who is very respected and liked for a a lot of reasons. Ohh and he also happened to be a winning poker player at limits you'll never play.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl
I know that 10-20 borgata is full of rejects like you that are looking at highlimit room from the outside. Please understand that you are talking about a real person who is very respected and liked for a a lot of reasons. Ohh and he also happened to be a winning poker player at limits you'll never play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK. Ian will will never , ever be permitted to participate in the legitimate business world at the stakes that I play. I am certain that I can gamble at the stakes Ian did at any time I choose.

I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

Actually I was in the high limit room of the Borgata today, on the inside looking out, having a roast beef sandwich and a beer.

I am glad someone as insightful as you has the right perspective on all of this.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NineinchAl

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK. Ian will will never , ever be permitted to participate in the legitimate business world at the stakes that I play. I am certain that I can gamble at the stakes Ian did at any time I choose.

I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

Actually I was in the high limit room of the Borgata today, on the inside looking out, having a roast beef sandwich and a beer.

I am glad someone as insightful as you has the right perspective on all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

nineinchal,

Do you see the little X in the top right corner of your web browser? Click on it before you further embarrass yourself. Ian and everyone else charged is innocent until proven guilty, and it doesn't matter whether or not you like any of them. Putting the word "alleged" in your post multiple times doesn't make you any less of a jackass.

And did you enjoy your roast beef sandwich? I find it hilarious when the low limit nits swarm like bees into the high limit area to suck up food comps that aren't meant for them in the first place.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[I can't say I want to trade places with a usurer (allegedly)who could very likely be going to jail for a year or two. I am sure the county jail or state prison is full of high limit gamblers/(alleged) loansharks like Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's extremely unlikely that he'll go to jail. It's not clear what, if any, evidence they have against him. Regardless, I expect the following: He'll quickly accept a deal from the prosecution that involves no jail time.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I hope he manages to get back in to the poker room.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish ian the best

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I hope he manages to get back in to the poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I really need a temp loan and I hate going to the bank.