Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Strange hand vs CTS

We have alot of history together but both of us have a ton of respect for each others games, so ive noticed when it's not shorthanded we dont really go at it too much. I have no idea what to put him on though. What do you guys think of my turn play and who calls here?

Hand #48009835-12421 at Costa Mesa (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 21/Nov/07 13:50:16

JacquesB is at seat 0 with $3687.
MUCKEMSAYUHH is at seat 1 with $2522.
xxomegaredxx is at seat 2 with $2682.
Hifool is at seat 3 with $1173.
maxEmus125 is at seat 4 with $3295.
me is at seat 5 with $6767.
The button is at seat 2.

Hifool posts the small blind of $10.
maxEmus125 posts the big blind of $25.

JacquesB: -- --
MUCKEMSAYUHH: -- --
xxomegaredxx: -- --
Hifool: -- --
maxEmus125: -- --
me: Jd Js

Pre-flop:
me raises to $85. JacquesB folds.
MUCKEMSAYUHH re-raises to $290. xxomegaredxx folds.
Hifool folds. maxEmus125 folds. me calls.

Flop (board: Ts 9c 8s):

me checks. MUCKEMSAYUHH checks.

Turn (board: Ts 9c 8s 6c):
me bets $400. MUCKEMSAYUHH goes all-in for $2232.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Strange hand vs CTS

ez fold.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 PM

SNAP call.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ez fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, given there are sooo many draws and basically the only made hand beating you is a 7x (which become less likely since he 3-bet UTG), I'd end up calling this. I think the chances of cts checking behind anything dominating JJ on the flop are very slim.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 PM

I'd call, but I wouldn't exactly call it a snapcall.

However, given you actually bet this board, folding would be criminal; the board is so drawy that you have to expect this to happen at least a fairly good % of the time, so bet/folding here seems really, really atrocious. In fact, I'm not a big fan of the bet at all.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 PM

can someone ban pbfan i don't like him. responses like his are kind of useful when they're made by people like krantz or cts because they are actually good players and so if they say to do something, you can be like 'ok well thats not my normal line so i need to at least think about the hand some more independently'.

when r3tards do it its just a waste of forum space; note to all you r3tards out there: if you are going to post a response in a hsnl thread, please provide: pokerstove math, your interpretation of both players ranges, and then whether or not pot odds implies a call given these.

no one cares about your r3tard one line responses, and they don't help you get better either.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Wow such a strange hand. I can honestly say ive never seen a hand like this before. Id probably fold, just seems like a bad spot for him to stone-cold bluff here, and I think if he had a flush draw or something he would have just gone ahead and bet the flop. But its tough definitely.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone ban pbfan i don't like him. responses like his are kind of useful when they're made by people like krantz or cts because they are actually good players and so if they say to do something, you can be like 'ok well thats not my normal line so i need to at least think about the hand some more independently'.

when r3tards do it its just a waste of forum space; note to all you r3tards out there: if you are going to post a response in a hsnl thread, please provide: pokerstove math, your interpretation of both players ranges, and then whether or not pot odds implies a call given these.

no one cares about your r3tard one line responses, and they don't help you get better either.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously didn't see his bbv post!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure we need to come down so harsh here, but I agree that the one line responses are pretty useless/obnoxious in that they provide no real analysis whatsoever.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 PM

The more I think about this hand, the only reason to bet the turn seems to be to induce a bluff raise, so we need to call. I dont know cts' game at all, and if he 3bets 88/99/tt vs your utg open, but assuming not it seems he likes has a hand like AQcc or something similar