Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Absolute Poker and Disney

In July, I hit Absolute Poker’s bad beat jackpot for $162,628.21. In the following months, I was cheated out of a substantial sum of money at the AP high limit tables. I do not believe that Absolute Poker has sufficiently compensated me for my damages related to the cheating, nor do I believe that the company has repaired the breach of trust caused by the cheating and subsequent corporate response.

After several weeks of attempting to resolve my concerns via private communication with Absolute Poker, I have become convinced that the company will not take any further steps to repair the situation unless it is publicly pressured to do so. To that end, I have emailed the following statement to espnpr@espn.com:

Disney in business with poker cheats?

On October 19, ABC News(a division of the Walt Disney Company) reported the story of how “a network of professional gamblers turned amateur sleuths followed the money in what appears to have been a series of rigged online poker games” at the online poker Web site AbsolutePoker.com.(http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/sto...500&page=1) As detailed in the article, Absolute Poker insiders “stole between $500,000 and $1 million over a two-week period” and were only exposed thanks to the diligent efforts of online poker players who pieced together the clues for themselves in spite of Absolute Poker’s stonewalling and denials.

And yet, in a case of the corporate left hand possibly not knowing what the right hand is doing, ESPN(also a division of the Walt Disney Company) continues to air advertisements for the Absolute Poker.net “poker school” during its popular and ubiquitous World Series of Poker broadcasts. As detailed on their respective websites, AbsolutePoker.com (http://absolutepoker.com/media/aboutus.asp) and AbsolutePoker.net (http://absolutepoker.net/about-us/Index.html) are owned by the same company- a company that ABC News has exposed for cheating and stealing from its own players.

Can it possibly be Walt Disney Company policy to knowingly accept advertising money on its ESPN sports network from a company that ABC News has exposed as stealing from its own customers?

The Walt Disney Company highly values its good name and reputation, and in the scheme of things, the revenue stream of a minor advertiser like Absolute Poker is not worth the bad publicity of being associated with this scandal.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker and Disney

[ QUOTE ]
The Walt Disney Company highly values its good name and reputation

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha
ahahahahahhahahahaa
ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha

wait, wait

hahahahahahhahahahahaha
ahahahahahhahahahahhaha
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM

LOLOL @ cheated

Youre a 1/2 player who thought he could jump into any game he wanted and win
Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 PM

Absolute Poker has admitted that I was cheated.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 PM

how much did you lose, and how much did you get paid back?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

I don't know how much I lost to cheaters, which is precisely the point.

I know that within 4 days of hitting the Jackpot, I was playing in a $150/$300 game against Graycat, a confirmed cheater. Absolute Poker claims that their investigation has determined that Graycat was not yet cheating at that point, but this is the same Absolute Poker that just a few weeks earlier claimed that their investigation had indicated that cheating was impossible and had not occurred.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM

Than Absolute Poker has NOT in fact admitted that you were cheated

DUCY?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Greycat, in everyones experience, WAS NOT cheating in that time period, he was a huge loser
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Absolute, has in fact, admitted I was cheated. They sent an email and made a credit to my account and everything.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM

Sounds to me like Calvin made the bone head mistake of playing way out of his league and lost a lot of money. He realized that he was an idiot and should have never put that money up for risk and is now trying every way he can to get that money back. IMO