Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Dunk Tank Time! Who Wants To Ban Me?

As you may or may not know, I habitually IP ban myself from 2+2 every month. (I'm a recovering chronic message board addict, and cold turkey is the best way to get away from the overwhelming negativity that permeates these god forsaken forums...but I still like to check in now and then and see what's new :P)

This month, in order to make my self-imposed banishment more entertaining, and to increase my resemblance to a dunk-tank clown (not hard, since I'm an ACist), I offer my banishment in the form of a game.

Please submit the worst political argument of the month. Link me to a straw man, a broken window, an ad hominem, or a completely drunken rant by any poster this month in the politics forum. By the end of the weekend, I will choose what I deem to be the worst argument made, and I ask that Iron ban me in the name of that poster.

That's right! Argue poorly and you, yes YOU could get me IP banned for the next two weeks!

Show me what you got, Politards!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Dunk Tank Time! Who Wants To Ban Me?

I cant beleive this one didnt get you already
Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As you may or may not know, I habitually IP ban myself from 2+2 every month. (I'm a recovering chronic message board addict, and cold turkey is the best way to get away from the overwhelming negativity that permeates these god forsaken forums...but I still like to check in now and then and see what's new :P)

This month, in order to make my self-imposed banishment more entertaining, and to increase my resemblance to a dunk-tank clown (not hard, since I'm an ACist), I offer my banishment in the form of a game.

Please submit the worst political argument of the month. Link me to a straw man, a broken window, an ad hominem, or a completely drunken rant by any poster this month in the politics forum. By the end of the weekend, I will choose what I deem to be the worst argument made, and I ask that Iron ban me in the name of that poster.

That's right! Argue poorly and you, yes YOU could get me IP banned for the next two weeks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh damn, I’m a completely drunken ranter on the SMP forums, but I’m pretty sober on these political forums, so I can’t win your contest.

Listen Hmkpoker, don’t, don’t quit. You are far saner than I. I like your posts and always read them. Don’t quit. I love you man.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh damn, I’m a completely drunken ranter on the SMP forums, but I’m pretty sober on these political forums, so I can’t win your contest.

Listen Hmkpoker, don’t, don’t quit. You are far saner than I. I like your posts and always read them. Don’t quit. I love you man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, thats hilarious, you've made a few posts on SMP that I thought "Wow, he must be absolutely hammered right now" and its great to find out I was probably right. I remember one about testosterone and erections and acne, or something.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, thats hilarious, you've made a few posts on SMP that I thought "Wow, he must be absolutely hammered right now" and its great to find out I was probably right. I remember one about testosterone and erections and acne, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were right. One of these days I’ve got to give up my evil ways. One of these days.

I believe this is what Bon Scott wrote in one of his lyrics right before he drowned to death in his own puke.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 AM

No one likes a quitter! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 AM

So you want us to turn on each other, eh?

I like the cut of your jib.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 AM

But not in a gay way.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:01 AM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's far too late for that, I hate this forum more than you can possibly imagine. It's possibly the most negative thing I've ever experienced. The "community" is a group of jerks who get off on telling each other how stupid they are. The group is so polarized that anything I say will automatically inspire agreement from half the people here and vehement ire from the other half before I've even had a chance to say it. I'm much better off without this forum, but it is occasionally informative.

I will probably soon delete my account, and when I do there will be a contest for the dumbest politardism of all time. Stay tuned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]