Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 04-22-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Buffy Season Two - maybe spoilers

Watched the series a ton- never that big of a fan.

Spike is an amazing character, didnt like the addition of buffy's sister went downhill for me after that.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not be a big fan and yet watch it a ton?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not be a big fan and yet watch it a ton? [/quote

big family + few tvs
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 PM

Best Episode: Hush

The seasons got better and better, I thought...until Season 7. Some of 7 I loved, a lot I didn't. I want to rewatch it though as a piece and see how I feel.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 PM

I'm now about 3/4th through season 5. Season 3 was again unbelievably great, and it's close between 3 and 2 for overall best. I liked 4 a lot even though the season villain was very weak - Spike made me laugh out loud (while watching alone) enough times to help carry it.

Now I haven't seen an episode in about a month and have lost a lot of interest. There's been a noticeable and precipitous drop in quality in season 5. Luckily it seems that the Buffyverse ends on a high note, as Angel seasons 3-5 are supposed to be incredible. I am on Angel season 2 (watching in tandem with Buffy season 5 for the occasional cross-over).

IMO a large part of season 5's quality drop is (spoiler) <font color="white">the fact that Spike is in love with Buffy and has lost almost all of his edge and humor in the process. Note: Please don't say anything else about their budding romance without giving a spoiler warning, as I'm not finished with the season yet. </font>

As for spoilers in general, please mark it if you're saying anything major past season 2, as that's already in the thread title. Several of the recent posts had pretty large spoilers in them for subsequent seasons.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM

Sorry about the spoilers.
I am watching Angel season 1 and Buffy season 4 now.
I didn't like the first two episodes of Buffy. I don't really like Buffy/ Angel splitting up, I think it was mostly done to have an extra show and not really because the characters needed it.

The third episode in season 4 was pretty good, probably due to Spike being in it.
Angel has been good but not great so far. Although episode 3 was pretty good (probably due to Spike too).

My problem with Angel is that the sunlight things don't seem to make sense. Sometimes he stands next to windows in daylight and nothing happens, also, there's a fight in the beach where light is everywhere, yet he survives fighting. I have a big problem with it, the claim is that to be hurt the sunlight needs to be direct, yet when they are torturing him, they put bullets through a roof to get sunlight in, that sunlight is certainly less direct than the one in the beach, why is the one in the beach safe?
Argh!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best Episode: Hush

[/ QUOTE ]Bingo... or maybe it's a tie between Hush and Passion from season two.

Passion left me stunned because of the plot developments (spoiler in white)<font color="white">and because I had developed a mad crush on Ms Calendar </font>

Hush was innovative and amazingly well done. It felt like sacrilege to speak during the episode--until I laughed out loud at Buffy's unfortunate knifing pantomime.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 PM

I had heard all the hype about Hush and wasn't that thrilled with it when I saw it. The enemies were cool though.

The episode that stands out most for me is Superstar in season 4. Spoilers in white. <font color="white"> The episode where Jonathan, a minor nerdy character who we hadn't seen since season 3, is suddenly the coolest and most famous person on earth, and is a better fighter than Buffy. The best is that they changed the opening credits as if he were one of the stars. For the first 10 minutes you're in shock and then you start to pick up on what's going on.</font>
Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had heard all the hype about Hush and wasn't that thrilled with it when I saw it. The enemies were cool though.

The episode that stands out most for me is Superstar in season 4. Spoilers in white. <font color="white"> The episode where Jonathan, a minor nerdy character who we hadn't seen since season 3, is suddenly the coolest and most famous person on earth, and is a better fighter than Buffy. The best is that they changed the opening credits as if he were one of the stars. For the first 10 minutes you're in shock and then you start to pick up on what's going on.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Hush was very good, but it is not in my top 5 Buffy episodes. Superstar was great too.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM

-Just finished watching Buffy Season 4. The season's arch was ridiculous. Very dumb. Everybody around me hates Riley (Buffy's boyfriend), but for some reason I like the character a lot, lately my conversations around the office involve a discussion about why I like the character everyone hates.

-The last episode of Buffy Season 4 called &lt;b&gt;Restless&lt;/b&gt; is by far the best episode of Season 4 (yes, above the acclaimed &lt;b&gt;Hush&lt;/b&gt. The episode is wonderful, it is my favorite Buffy episode so far (surprising considering Angel is not in it) and it ranks as one of my top 5 favorite episodes of TV. I can't state hard enough how good an episode it is. I even watched the commentary for it, Joss Whedon's commentary was fun to listen to.