Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Buffy Season Two - maybe spoilers

This season is fantastic, and I have, on several different occasions, rated the season finale as one of the best television shows I have ever seen. In terms of emotionally moving episodes, this ranks alongside "Posse Commitatus" on West Wing, "The Healers" or "Love's Labor Lost" on ER, or "Hole in the World" on Angel, or any of the series finales of long-running shows.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 PM

Joss Whedon, you say?

I've never watched Buffy, but now I have to. I'm a huge fan of Firefly, went and saw Serenity (and was really PO'ed when they killed....one of the characters).

I wonder if the studio killed Firefly so he could work on Buffy?

Regards

Gar
Old 10-13-2006, 03:30 AM

OP,

You are in for a treat in season 3. I think it is a close call as to which is better, 2 or 3, but for sure 3 has one of the best villians that I think have ever been created. I wish I could go more in depth, but that would spoil it.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

You are in for a treat in season 3. I think it is a close call as to which is better, 2 or 3, but for sure 3 has one of the best villians that I think have ever been created. I wish I could go more in depth, but that would spoil it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some mild spoilers ahead...

If you mean the guy who's last name begins with a T...I'm not that impressed so far, but I'm only 5 episodes in. He was cool at first but hasn't delivered yet.

I am obsessed with Spike - no spoilers for further in the series please. I rented season 2 disc 1 again just so I could re-watch his entrance. Him and Buffy's mom sitting awkwardly in the living room in the S2 finale was brilliant.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:30 PM

Done with season 3 now, awesome but not quite as good as 2. And yea, amazing villain, especially when he gives the speech about Buffy and Angel.

For people who watched both Buffy and Angel: how should I handle watching them on DVD? Are the crossovers significant enough that I should watch them side by side, or can I just go all the way through Buffy and then all the way through Angel? Would it be entirely ridiculous to look up episode air dates and watch them in that order?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:15 AM

Personally I would just continue on with Buffy until the end of season 7 then start watching Angel. It's nice to watch them all back to back and not have to keep track of the various crossover stories, the details of which are made pretty obvious in any one of the shows.

If you want to try the somewhat difficult feat of watching the epsiodes in the correct chronological order then this thread on Google answers will probably help.
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=211562
Old 11-06-2006, 03:33 PM

Buffy Season 2 is quite possibly my favorite season of any TV show. Lost Season 1 comes closest.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For people who watched both Buffy and Angel: how should I handle watching them on DVD? Are the crossovers significant enough that I should watch them side by side, or can I just go all the way through Buffy and then all the way through Angel? Would it be entirely ridiculous to look up episode air dates and watch them in that order?

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree with the other poster. Watch season 4 of Buffy in parallell with season 1 of Angel, and continue in this fashion. The cross-overs are significant enough at first that it's worth it. For season 6+7 of Buffy and 3+4 of Angel, it's no longer as important to watch in parallell. This is due to the fact that they were shown at different networks, which made cross-overs harder.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree with the other poster. Watch season 4 of Buffy in parallell with season 1 of Angel, and continue in this fashion. The cross-overs are significant enough at first that it's worth it. For season 6+7 of Buffy and 3+4 of Angel, it's no longer as important to watch in parallell. This is due to the fact that they were shown at different networks, which made cross-overs harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright...I'm already 7 episodes in to Buffy S4 so I'll have to try to slow down. They are coming out with new "slim sets" of Angel at the end of the month, so unfortunately I have to wait until then to buy them as they're smaller, sleeker, and cheaper.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:21 PM

This past two weeks I have been in Buffy watching mode.
I didn't see Season 1 completely, saw only four episodes.
I saw Season 2 completely and I thought it was excellent (except for a few episodes, i.e, "Ted" and the one with the eggs).
Both double episodes are terrific. Angel turning into a bad person made for some really impressive scenes. And the season finale with Spike helping Buffy was astounding as well.

The Buffy-Angel relationship is pretty fun to watch, because of the uncertainty of Angel being good. I also enjoy Xander-Cordelia a lot and Willow is a pretty cool character (the 'Hermione' of Buffy).

I am three episodes away from finishing season 3 (which will be seen today).
I was sad that Xander-Cordelia split up. At first I was mad at Xander with him being mean at everyone, but from episode "Zeppo" on he has been funny and nice again.
The development of Willow's witch powers has been cool.

The arrival of Faith and the Mayor has been received with great enthusiasm. I love the Mayor, he is one of the coolest villains I've seen. Faith is a nice character too, specially because she's very sexy.

The lone season 3 episode with Spike was wonderful. You gotta love Spike.
I also loved the episode "Amends", a big Buffy-Angel episode.
The episode "Enemies" was another fun one (where we "Faith" turns bad for good).

From season 2, an episode I enjoyed a lot that wasn't arc inducing, was the one in Halloween. I thought the idea of people turning into their costumes was pretty neat.

Buffy rules!!!