Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Speeding Ticket

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah you got me, government organizations being accountable to the people who fund them seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is precisely what I said.

Reading FTW.

What I said, and I'll try to dumb it down a bit...

They take paper complaints because if its important enough that you have to file a legit complaint, what "trouble" is it to you to take 5 minutes, print a form and put it in your damn mailbox?

Or, you could whine about having to actually do something for yourself on an internet forum. That won't change anything, but it sure does make it more entertaining for me.

Do you realize what you're even complaining about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being super sarcastic.

edit: it was probably harder for them to put up a pdf than it would be to just build the form into their website. Also reading complaints and having them in some sort of database is miles ahead of accepting mail suggestions. This isnt 1963.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lololol. complaining about 100 bucks. I just got a 400 dollar ticket in california. boooo yah, im sure glad we have the highway patrol to "enforce safety". They should just change their name to "tax collection based on who we feel like collecting from". I have been pulled over 4 times, 0 warnings. I have been in a car where a girl got pulled over 3 times and they got 0 tickets. The CHP should literally be shut down and paying out massive class action lawsuits, not given a position of massive power.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

They should change their name to "Tax Collection Service of People Who Drive Better Cars Than Us, Provided They Don't Have Boobs"
Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah you got me, government organizations being accountable to the people who fund them seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading FTW.

They take paper complaints because if its important enough that you have to file a legit complaint, what "trouble" is it to you to take 5 minutes, print a form and put it in your damn mailbox?

Or, you could whine about having to actually do something for yourself on an internet forum. That won't change anything, but it sure does make it more entertaining for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: it was probably harder for them to put up a pdf than it would be to just build the form into their website. Also reading complaints and having them in some sort of database is miles ahead of accepting mail suggestions. This isnt 1963.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It just seems to me that it makes plenty of sense to use paper forms, at least for the type of thing where you don't want to enable 25000 people a day complaining about the ticket they got. I think things like the paper forms (and I will admit I have spent VERY little time in CA and have no experiences with CHP) are a great way to kinda prevent people from just going off in 30 seconds on the internet because they're pissed.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It just seems to me that it makes plenty of sense to use paper forms, at least for the type of thing where you don't want to enable 25000 people a day complaining about the ticket they got. I think things like the paper forms (and I will admit I have spent VERY little time in CA and have no experiences with CHP) are a great way to kinda prevent people from just going off in 30 seconds on the internet because they're pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever dude, you like peyton manning. Burrrrrrrrrrrn!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:11 PM

ask to see the radar gun because they technically have to keep it logged in the radar gun and it'll digitally show it to you.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM

just throw the ticket in the trash. and if the government calls you just tell them to lick some balls.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now maybe I am completely off here, but can you ask a cop to see his radar gun reading if you don't believe him when you get pulled over?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can, but I doubt he'd show you. They do have to prove calibration though, and they must have the certificate at court to prove it.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just throw the ticket in the trash. and if the government calls you just tell them to lick some balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol first correct response

Also, wtf at OP driving 70 in a 65
Open er up a little bit granny
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol first correct response

Also, wtf at OP driving 70 in a 65
Open er up a little bit granny

[/ QUOTE ]

In all fairness to myself, the roads were icy, the cops were out in force, and it was early in the morning and I hadn't had my coffee yet.

I normally go 75-80 on that stretch... the one day I drive a more reasonable speed I get pulled over... wtf?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

I got pulled over doing 112 in a 65 once. Somehow the cop said I was going 75. Then I went to court and the cop didnt show up so i paid nothing. gg justice system.