16-20 26 16.67%
21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

Lighten up dude. Not everyone in this world will love you and what you do. Sometimes people with criticize you. Who cares?

Honestly don't see the problem in G's first post. This thread is full of people hailing you as the second coming of coaches. One poster said it didn't work out for him for some reason he doesn't even know himself. He doesn't blame you.

No one will go into this thread not coming out with the impression MSNL thinks you are the best coach out there for the money. Unless they have a problem with your attitude. The amount of posts praising you in this thread speaks for itself. I think you would have been better off ignoring G, or asking him in private if he had any constructive things to say.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Come on ipokeder, I know we have our differences and that you probably hate me more than most on this forum, but that last part just isn't correct; it's obviously the fact that these two claimed/supposed posters has been keeping this to themselves for some unknown amount of time and never voiced it to me, only to then go in in a anonymous way backstabbing me with a PM to somebody that voiced some negative opinion.

I mean "Also, you can seriously not imagine why those two people would not want you to know their names? Jesus. :X" is not viable to use since it's a result of this thread, or well so you claim at least with this statement. I don't exactly get why though, are they afraid of me being pissed? If they are so well-respected players and posters they should not care one iota, and if they are willing to PM gdollaz they are clearly out to hurt my reputation, now, if they really were respected they could come out here instead and potentially really hurt me instead, no?

Nah, the fact that they had kept this to themselves all the while until this post came about is a big part of me being annoyed, they are big cowards. The fact they wouldn't dare posting here tilts me to hell, honestly.

Melch: Sure, you are right, it's not the fact I'm being criticized really, it's the fact that people are doing so without ever having approached me about it. Yes, I removed him from aim because I simply had no reason to keep him; thus I received no aimmessages from him. He did supposedly send me some PM:s here too, but regardless of that, he at least admitted he never voiced anything about being displeased with me in those. But yes, basically I said I was done and by that I meant with GDollaz, yeah apparently he doesnt like how I do things without being able to explain why, so be it then.

G_Dollaz: May I make one request: Please respond to these two cowards and try to make them come forward to me in private at least, and if not at least have them explain WHY they do not, because this hidden backstabbing is just too much, also I hope nobody that read this thread actually gets even the slightest bit affected by you mentioning these two people, and instead realizes what kind of douchebags they have to be to not dare to even approach me in private.

Yes, people might disagree with me on gdollaz, fine, but I really do hope that nobody thinks what these other two are doing is alright, I think what they are doing is despicable.

Also, I'm sorry if people think I've come accross like some douchy egomaniac in here, I sometimes have a harsh way and that reflects badly on me in some spots, I just get a bit emotional when I hear people are backstabbing like this, it's just sooo low.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM

MDMA, I do think you over-reacted perhaps a little bit, but you do come off us quite reactionary and aggro in general. Don't get so worked up about things!

It's only natural that some coaching won't work out with some people. I agree that G could have chosen his words more carefully, and could have discussed the issue with you, but your response has definitely been OTT. His original post wasn't malicious or anything.

Can't help thinking a useful thread has been somewhat derailed.....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:27 AM

There are a multitude of reasons they might not be wanting to speak out in public. Its really not necessarily backstabbing, no need to be so paranoid.

From the way you reacted to G_dollaz, If I was them, I think I would be pretty frigging scared about "coming out" to be honest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 10:32 AM

How could it NOT be backstabbing? Also, I don't get what they would have to be scared about really, me getting angry? Well, what matter is that to them if they don't like me in the first place anyway..I just don't get this.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM

honestly mdma if i wanted a coach right now i'd still choose you regardless of what people say. I'd talk to you personally and find out your views/opinions on matters and take it from their, peoples opinions of other people on internet forums have little to know credence in my decision making process. So stop getting so worked up!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
me getting angry

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I totally agree with many of the points that you make, and that people should have been more upfront with you.

However, if this is the way you routinely react to criticism then I can kind of understand how this might have happened. Honestly, just calm down a little bit!

Lets not derail this thread..... From all the feedback it is very obvious that MDMA is an awesome coach for 95% of people. Now lets talk about some others, please....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 AM

Tommy Angelo is a coaching god - if you're ready to hear what he has to say.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tommy Angelo is a coaching god - if you're ready to hear what he has to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy Angelo does live poker no?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM

MDMA seems in the right here for the most part imo, after all hes just really reacting to hat people are saying, not like he initiated all of this. he made some assumptions about g dollaz and his personality, which may or may not be true but at least they were given with good evidence for the most part. It is wierd to me that a player like him is still at 2/4 and he seems uncomfortable going out of his comfort zone which for me has really helped me grow as a player. I played 2/4 with him a few months ago when we were playing cash games and he always stuck out to me as one of the more solid players at the table but at the same time wasnt doing anything particulary special but straightforawrd play at those levels is rewarded and hence hsi winrate. i remember posting here a little while ago about saying i had a 5 pt bb/100 win rate at 2/4 3/6 blah blah blah, i thought i was really good. jfish pointed out that most semi intelligent people with some work can be really sucessful at midstakes, and that the higher stakes are much much harder, and im realizing hes right. Now that i moved up to 5 ten my winrate has declined and im challanged more than i was at 2/4, the play and the variance is way higher in comparison. But im learning tons of valuable imformation each day, making me better in the process.

Edit: what would u all have done if someone came after you and your business, im sure you would come to your defence. And also im sure he would have also been critizisized if he didnt come to the boards and defend himself, so i really dont get the hate.