31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

[ QUOTE ]
im looking for a luckbox coach, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can coach how to run good @ 10/20, but to do this you have to run bad @ all other limits + donkaments
Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 AM

i have always found that certain people are better plays than teachers. so skill isn't the only factor here. than u have someone like cts who isn't human.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
800 iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's 1k an hour now, but he won't even respond to me and 3-bet was too unorganized to get back to me.

pretty sure he's just not that interested in coaching atm.

[/ QUOTE ]

His coaching slots are currently full, which is why you have not received a response. Also, for whoever said AE is the best coach mentioned if you are serious, that's laughable.

Solid MSNL+ 6m coaches coaches:
MDMA is pretty much as sick as it gets IMO (currently booked with wait list)
Cole
Krantz
Bobbo
Wiltontilt
Snipes

...others that I probably can't remember ATM

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is Cole? (sorry for being 2+2 noob!)
Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 AM

Cole = CTS
Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 AM

ah ic. Cole = GOD
Old 11-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Bobbo = sick coach. Go for it. Also, I wonder who's been coaching the longest? After guys like Tommy Angelo, I think I might be up there.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches *DELETED* *DELETED*

Deleted by request
Old 11-18-2007, 11:56 AM

Just got home and saw this thread, I'm back at school and involved with a bunch of business stuff so I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to coaching. I do enjoy it though and I think each person I've coached has gotten quite a bit out of it. Right now I've got three students who I'm working with but my hours with each one are almost up so I definitely wouldn't say I'm not accepting students. But, there is a ton of interest so I'm a bit selective of who I coach. Also, I find that coaching is much more effective in general if most of it is me playing as opposed to me sweating (both are good but I'd say maybe 75/25 ratio works best in my experience) -- but some people don't like this so I generally lead them to someone else.

My rate is $1k/hr and not negotiable (for some reason I've had a bunch of ppl try to haggle or arrange profit sharing? not interested, and there is a ton of demand so the price is only going one direction -- but even though I could raise it I think 1k/hr is fair for what I'm offering so I'm not going to).

Thanks for the kind words!

Also aejones has contacted me a few times I think and we never worked anything out, sorry about that. I will give him 2 hours of free coaching today if he wants.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:00 PM

cts how does that work? Are you playing on the phone with your student, or do you only do in person coaching?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:20 PM

i got coached by mdma for 10 2 hour sessions. since then my approach to poker has changed dramatically and i have been introduced to a whole new way of thinking about all kinds of situations.
however, despite MDMA being a good coach, once i finished the lessons i found myself taking concepts he taught me and taking them too far and even misapplying them pretty much entirely which damaged my winrate quite a bit. which is why i would say to people looking to get coached, even a great coach is not going to magically transform you into a msnl dominator. they can help you to think about things differently and open your eyes to new plays, styles etc that have the potential to greatly improve your game, but in the end it really is up to you. its still taking me a lot of time and effort to refine what i learnt and apply everything correctly. i am still tweaking my game a lot, but for a short while after i finished coaching i let myself lapse into a lot of bad habits and im only recently dragging myself out of them. it would have been easy for me to blame my coach for this, but that was just not the case. they cant do everything for you, and the truth of it was that i just got lazy and figured by being shown these new ideas i could just get sloppy and still crush the games without really working at it. i am now realising how much work on my part it takes to beat todays games for a solid winrate.

having said this, i would like to add that MDMA was/is a fantastic coach. in particular what i liked was his ability to answer every question that i lined up for him in a clear and concise manner. also, he seemed to be interested in actually helping me improve and was happy to help out with hand analysis outside of our designated times for no extra charge. i will be trying to book in some more lessons soon as i would really like to brush up my game and get some feedback on my progress, although from what i hear this might be pretty difficult [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]