[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Dixon

2)Some other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about how I'd rank them. Even though I'm really rooting for Superman, his Georgia game killed his chances unless Dixon stumbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Tebow is really close IMHO & would be winning if it weren't for the UGA loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

TFG,

It's to the point where Tebow and Dixon are sort of similar in terms of overall performance in a way. I think that the main difference is Jonathon Stewart vs. Kestahn Moore. Basically Tebow is UF's rushing game whereas Dixon has a great one instead.

Either way, unless Oregon loses a couple games, I think their top 5 ranking and Tebow's injury plagued game are going to kill his chances. If they're even remotely close in the end, Dixon will get the nod because he isn't a sophomore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be suprised if Dixon got it even if they won out.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can reach this conclusion when the media chooses who wins the heisman and the consensus right now from the media is that it's Dixon's to lose.

You can argue that he's not as deserving, but I don't see how he doesn't win with three wins unless he has a bad game or two. I think Joey Harrington was in a similar spot and laid an egg in the Civil War and finished 3rd even though we won. I think if Dixon plays decently it's his.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Heisman Rankings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But he still doesn't get tackled very easily and he is probably more similar to Barry Sanders than anyone else in college right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at barry sanders comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Not in ability, obviously, but stylistically they are similar (though far from identical).
Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM

He doesn't have anywhere near the speed or quickness that Sanders had. Honestly, I haven't watched him play enough to comment anymore than that. Maybe his running style is similar. Not in the same class, though, in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Dixon

2)Some other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about how I'd rank them. Even though I'm really rooting for Superman, his Georgia game killed his chances unless Dixon stumbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Tebow is really close IMHO & would be winning if it weren't for the UGA loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

TFG,

It's to the point where Tebow and Dixon are sort of similar in terms of overall performance in a way. I think that the main difference is Jonathon Stewart vs. Kestahn Moore. Basically Tebow is UF's rushing game whereas Dixon has a great one instead.

Either way, unless Oregon loses a couple games, I think their top 5 ranking and Tebow's injury plagued game are going to kill his chances. If they're even remotely close in the end, Dixon will get the nod because he isn't a sophomore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be suprised if Dixon got it even if they won out.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can reach this conclusion when the media chooses who wins the heisman and the consensus right now from the media is that it's Dixon's to lose.

You can argue that he's not as deserving, but I don't see how he doesn't win with three wins unless he has a bad game or two. I think Joey Harrington was in a similar spot and laid an egg in the Civil War and finished 3rd even though we won. I think if Dixon plays decently it's his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrington still wouldn't have won it.

When someone from a Pac 10 school other than USC wins then I'll believe it.

b
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 PM

The landscape changes every week. Any mix of bad performance/good performance could change things between Tebow & Dixon. McFadden just has to go crazy regardless.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 PM

fwiw Dixon has been getting a lot of pub on espn lately imo
Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 PM

FWIW, every single commentator on CFN has Dixon #1 this week. Herbstreit has him #1 as well and in a national poll on ESPN, over half the country said he's the frontrunner. Saying that he can't win the award because he plays in the Pac-Ten is borderline insane IMO.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:42 AM

There's enough cross-over between the people currently saying Dixon is the front-runner and the people who actually decide who gets the award, that obviously Dixon is actually the front-runner. It's his trophy to lose, all he has to do is be lights out against Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State and he wins it. Of course if he slips up like Woodson and then Ryan did, there's plenty of time for a new front-runner to be anointed.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, every single commentator on CFN has Dixon #1 this week. Herbstreit has him #1 as well and in a national poll on ESPN, over half the country said he's the frontrunner. Saying that he can't win the award because he plays in the Pac-Ten is borderline insane IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll believe it if it happens.

When's the last time someone from the pac 10, not USC, has won it?

I'm sure the excuse will be he's splitting votes with Stewart. So, not insane. Plausable actually.

b
Old 11-07-2007, 01:57 AM

Did anyone else notice that the U of Oregon took out an ad on ESPN before their game hyping him for the Heisman?

What do you thing that cost to run, a little 30 second spot...

And where did the cash come from?