Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

I thought when someone on the Internet posts this everyone laughs at them because it's never serious. Why is this different? Who is Lurker.?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE FOLKS:

Just had an MSN chat with Lurker, and hes still on the sad side, but is SAFE with his family and we've discussed a potential plan in the near future which he seems excited about.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHISKEY AND SEX FTW

WHISKEY IS A DEPRESSANT THOUGH SO

SEX FTW
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE FOLKS:

Just had an MSN chat with Lurker, and hes still on the sad side, but is SAFE with his family and we've discussed a potential plan in the near future which he seems excited about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suggest you use this word very carefully. esp in context with a suicidal person...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought when someone on the Internet posts this everyone laughs at them because it's never serious. Why is this different?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess cuz bbv isn't loaded with douchebags after all. live and learn.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE FOLKS:

[/ QUOTE ]
I suggest you use this word very carefully. esp in context with a suicidal person...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really tired now so I can't tell if your being serious or trying a really horrible level so I'll give 2 responses.

If SRS: I meant a positve plan for a positve future potential outlook and reason to be excited bout living not hurting himself.

If horrible level: YSSCDIGF (once again apologies if really was SRS).
Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 PM

<3 lurker

KingGeedorah=Fees (my gimmick account cuz gay dids banned me=/=/=/=/=/=/=/)

<3 lurk dont KY ur the only one from uNL that doesnt hate me=)
Old 09-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Whew I'm relieved that Lurker is ok, and I barely know him. Now that you're working on trying to get back on track, my thoughts:

As some have mentioned, one small part of all of this can be a chemical imbalance, so I won't get into that. But I saw my dad's life change for the better when they got his levels right.

On a more tangible level, Lurker you have to find a reason to want to explore life. At 19 you have so much to do. And there are so many things to do that you may not even know about yet. Why don't you start by taking a pad and pencil, and thinking about the 10 things you want to do most in life. Try and have only 1 poker related one in there if you can. Then sometimes to be able to achieve one of those big 10, you need sub goals. Like one of my goals is going to a superbowl game. So the subgoals involve saving some extra $ and vacation time, and then really going to the superbowl. And I know that if my health is good, I'm going to do it ! Make your list, I'd love to see it. Mine (and there's no order):

Meet Charles Barkley
Go to the Super Bowl
Play in the World Series (of poker ldo)
Get back into stand up comedy (and do well in it)
Write a movie script
Visit 30 new countries
Save a life
Be in the building when my team hoists the Stanley Cup
Work a job I'm passionate about
Learn 2 more languages (fluently)

I think I can do them all, it's going to take a long time. But I'm excited to try.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're a mother [censored] bitch
Old 09-02-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're a mother [censored] bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the guy you quoted did announce at first that he has no idea about what he is talking about. Unfortunately, that didn't stop him from spewing [censored] anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It's a good idea to take things like these seriously, even if there's a chance it's a level. Especially if it comes out of blue from a poster that doesn't normally post like this. Making a level out of something like this would be really pathetic anyways. Thus, it's better to not take chances here.

Anyhow, Lurker, because I have zero context, I won't give generic condescending advice that accomplishes nothing but show how retarded and shortsighted I am. I will try to put my 1.5 cents in anyways. But yea, I do understand in a depressed state that objective thought is close to impossible. People could write essays about why you should go on life, and there'd be no arguing against them, but that doesn't stop you from feeling like [censored] anyways. But you can't blame yourself for things you can't control. You probaly know that you shouldn't be doing this, but there are still those thoughts. That is fine, don't beat yourself over it! Don't concern yourself with right or wrong at this moment.

And certainly the fact that a bunch of random strangers on the internet rushed to your help means something, doesn't it? In a generally non-serious forum, people were serious for you. Well, some were seriously stupid, but that's the way the world works.

I've always thought about this kind of stuff like this. If there's one certain thing in life, it's that we're all going to die. Since that's guaranteed anyways, there's no point rushing towards it. So just live, and let the rest sort itself out.

Hope to see you posting soon.

In conclusion, this post needs more smileys:
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be a dick thing to say but i do not believe Lurker ever wanted to kill himself. People who want to kill themselves do it. People who want attention post on message boards saying they are going to kill themselves. Just my point of view regarding this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this even matter? Even if he didn't want to, thoughts can eventually lead to action. The mere thought of offing yourself is not a good sign! At the very least something is very wrong. And of course someone would want attention if they need help. LDO?