Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 05:19 PM

Default 25-50 hand vs me

i dont know if this will end up being productive or not but i was curious how a couple different bet sizes would look to an opponent so i thought i would post this hand and see how people would interpret the different bets.

the game is 4 handed and i have 5100, my opponent is a reasonable and pretty aggressive player and covers. im relatively aggro pre-flop and probably have a pfr of around 18% in a fullish game, more in one like this. villian has been reraising me some. not a ridiculous amount but enough that he is probably reacting a bit to me raising too much, or he has had a nice run of hands. none of the reraised pots have amounted to anything. i have folded to the reraises and maybe called and check/folded the flop once.

im in the sb and its folded to me, villian is bb. i raise to 125. the smallish raise is normal for me here so it shouldnt look odd to the villian. villian has QQ and makes it 350, i make it 1300, villian calls.

flop [8h 5s 6s] pot is 2600
i have 3800 left, how would you react to the various bets by me:
a) 1000
b) 1800
c) allin

if your decision would be different if you held a slightly better or slightly worse hand say that too.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 25-50 hand vs me

if im villian, i made my decision preflop whether im going to the felt or not on boards like this.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if im villian, i made my decision preflop whether im going to the felt or not on boards like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion Villain seems to have already made that decision too. If the PF actions resulted in the 4-bet being a bit smaller then I think the bet size would matter much more.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:54 PM

cwl,

I would treat them all pretty much the same.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know if this will end up being productive or not but i was curious how a couple different bet sizes would look to an opponent so i thought i would post this hand and see how people would interpret the different bets.

the game is 4 handed and i have 5100, my opponent is a reasonable and pretty aggressive player and covers. im relatively aggro pre-flop and probably have a pfr of around 18% in a fullish game, more in one like this. villian has been reraising me some. not a ridiculous amount but enough that he is probably reacting a bit to me raising too much, or he has had a nice run of hands. none of the reraised pots have amounted to anything. i have folded to the reraises and maybe called and check/folded the flop once.

im in the sb and its folded to me, villian is bb. i raise to 125. the smallish raise is normal for me here so it shouldnt look odd to the villian. villian has QQ and makes it 350, i make it 1300, villian calls.

flop [8h 5s 6s] pot is 2600
i have 3800 left, how would you react to the various bets by me:
a) 1000
b) 1800
c) allin

if your decision would be different if you held a slightly better or slightly worse hand say that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with others that villain has already decided to go to the felt with his QQ. I would probably call each of the bets, hoping to induce a further bet from the non-all-inbets and looking to fold if a K or A comes.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 PM

If I'm villain and I have AA then I might just call a flop bet in case you've whiffed.

In any other case, and with the QQ, I've already made my decision and am allin vs. any of these bet sizes.