Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Beat? Brag? Moving out and Playing Online for $$

I come from a relatively wealthy family and am currently attending college as a Junior. I have my sights set on law school to follow in the steps of my father and hope to one day practice with him. However my story centers on the present where my parents think I am a spoiled brat. So in order to rectify this I've decided to move out and make a name for myself in the poker world.

I will be starting out on FT playing micro stakes and hoepfully will be rolled for 25NL by the end of the month. My 1st month rent has been paid for and I have a part time job to help meet my nut. What I was wondering is if anyone else has been in these shoes because to tell you the truth they are kinda tight. If this isn't death ground strategy then I don't know what is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So hopefully this will be one of those threads I can bump in about a year with a graph showing some fat loot but until then everyone give me some support!

BTW I am 19 and my GPA is 3.9. My dad grew up a migrant and has done well for himself. However I don't even think I am spoiled since I have been working every spare minute. Just something I have to prove I guess.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Beat? Brag? Moving out and Playing Online for $$

You're a moron. Why do you think playing poker will gain you respect from your parents?

Im 100% sure they will be more happy if you just go well in school
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 PM

smurf thread
Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a moron. Why do you think playing poker will gain you respect from your parents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wouldn't tell them I am playing online. I took my dad telling me I was pspoiled as more of a "go make your own reputation." I plan on still going to school but I am going to do it myself. My parent's don't really understand that I am doing really well in school it's weird.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:52 PM

For the record I do feel like I've had it a bit too easy and am nowhere near how great of a person I could be if I tried.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wouldn't tell them I am playing online. I took my dad telling me I was pspoiled as more of a "go make your own reputation." I plan on still going to school but I am going to do it myself. My parent's don't really understand that I am doing really well in school it's weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe by telling you you're spoiled he just genuinely means you're spoiled. Don't mistake that for "go out and become a degenerate"...You can still make your own way playing cards from the comfort of your nice home and doing well in school....

BTW, this is definately a beat.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM

How can you constantly tell someone they are spoiled and then continue supporting them through a) giving money for gas and food and b) letting them stay in your house. It is such a ridiculous position to be in at least in my eyes.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you constantly tell someone they are spoiled and then continue supporting them through a) giving money for gas and food and b) letting them stay in your house. It is such a ridiculous position to be in at least in my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

by saying you're spoiled can also mean you take things for granted?....try being more appreciative rather than trying to make a point by moving out and trying to hit it big in poker...its just stupid