Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For one night
Sloane 38 41.76%
Tori 53 58.24%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Those Darned Politics Mods!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

I still love it that people complained here when someone was given a suspension just 6 hours long.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is that that never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for finding that jman, saved me a job.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

I still love it that people complained here when someone was given a suspension just 6 hours long.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, always amazing how you manage to never respond to a post again once its proven definitively that you're wrong, Shakey.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, always amazing how you manage to never respond to a post again once its proven definitively that you're wrong, Shakey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much complaint about Valenzula's ban in that thread. It's mentioned at the beginning, but it's not at all clear that anyone knew what the duration of the ban was. Perhaps if bans were public information, you would see fewer complaints about them.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much complaint about Valenzula's ban in that thread. It's mentioned at the beginning, but it's not at all clear that anyone knew what the duration of the ban was. Perhaps if bans were public information, you would see fewer complaints about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every ban I have made has been public information, posted in the offensive thread, both as to duration, and as to reasoon. Try Again.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every ban I have made has been public information, posted in the offensive thread, both as to duration, and as to reasoon. Try Again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you READ the thread? Almost ALL of the complaining was about borodog's ban, which was NOT public, and the mod who banned him even said he DID NOT want to discuss it.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you READ the thread? Almost ALL of the complaining was about borodog's ban, which was NOT public, and the mod who banned him even said he DID NOT want to discuss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were responding to a point about Valenzuela's banning, not about Borodog's. Every ban I have made including Valenzuela's has been public. Borodog was banned by a different mod, and while i can't speak to exactly what was said, I do know that that mod made it known to borodog why he was being banned.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were responding to a point about Valenzuela's banning, not about Borodog's. Every ban I have made including Valenzuela's has been public. Borodog was banned by a different mod, and while i can't speak to exactly what was said, I do know that that mod made it known to borodog why he was being banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to do this slowly:

1) someone mentioned "complaining about a six-hour ban"
2) someone said "that didn't actually happen"
3) you provided a link
4) the link had a *mention* the six-hour ban, but didn't contain any complaints about it, after it was revealed that it was for six hours, though it had LOTS of complaining about OTHER bans
5) I point out #4, I mention that if *bans* (not any particular mod's bans) were public you would see fewer complaints.
6) "try again"

Brilliant.

Let me refer you back to point #4 - nobody complained about the six-hour ban; the complaints were almost all about borodog's banning, and a few about mine.

Would you now like to "try again"??
Old 04-21-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to do this slowly:

1) someone mentioned "complaining about a six-hour ban"
2) someone said "that didn't actually happen"
3) you provided a link
4) the link had a *mention* the six-hour ban, but didn't contain any complaints about it, after it was revealed that it was for six hours, though it had LOTS of complaining about OTHER bans
5) I point out #4, I mention that if *bans* (not any particular mod's bans) were public you would see fewer complaints.
6) "try again"

Brilliant.

Let me refer you back to point #4 - nobody complained about the six-hour ban; the complaints were almost all about borodog's banning, and a few about mine.

Would you now like to "try again"??

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The very first post in that thread is a post complaining about three bans, one of them being Valenzuela.
2. Valenzuela was banned for 6 hours.

What part of this are you not understanding?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. The very first post in that thread is a post complaining about three bans, one of them being Valenzuela.
2. Valenzuela was banned for 6 hours.

What part of this are you not understanding?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Recent Bannings in Politics Forums since the regime change

So far I have:

valenzeula
pvn
Borodog

Any other bannings, or we just sticking to the ACists?

It would be nice if we were notified on who was banned. Put it in the sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a complaint about that particular ban, just an acknowlegement of it, and what might be considered a complaint about the policy. Additionally, it wasn't generally known at the time of the OP that the ban was six hours.

[ QUOTE ]
Every ban I have made has been public information, posted in the offensive thread, both as to duration, and as to reasoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this, from a recent politics thread?
[ QUOTE ]
*Edit/Jman220: Personal Attack against [whoever] Deleted, 2 day ban for personal attacks against both [whoever] and [whoever] in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is defintely better than the "stealth" bans favored by other mods. Perhaps you shouldn't delete the evidence. Wouldn't that provide a more effective precedent?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM

The ban being 6 hours must have come out at some point because i knew it.

As for the complaining, im sure whoever it was that was banned for 6 hours complained. As i understand it, it was Valenzuala who was banned for abusing the notify mod button.

Im sure someone else spoke up for his behalf, even if it wasnt you.

So when you said "The funny part is that that never happened" you were obviously incorrect.

Seriously, do you argue for the sake of it or something?

Just admit that you were ignorant of the issue when you said that and lets move on.
Closed Thread