Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Need some advice on what to do here...

Ok, I signed up with an affiliate (very well reviewed, around 10k members) for UB rakeback on April 9, and deposited on the 10th. For the first 2.5 weeks or so I was told that the UB affiliate page was down/acting up and they would let me know when they learned something. Finally I emailed them back and they said I wasn't showing up for some reason and they would contact UB. Another week and a half and I email them for an update and they say they still havn't heard anything...I ask if I could help in any way and they ask me to email UB. So I email UB, and they tell me to talk to my affiliate about it and give them some deposit info, which I did. Now it's been 5 weeks and I still havn't even gotten an answer as to why I'm not showing up, let alone a resolution to the problem. Additionally, my affiliate seems less than interested in helping me with this (I emailed support and heard back same day, yet an affiliate emails them and 2.5 weeks later they still havn't heard back...sounds strange to me.)

Anyway, now I feel like I'm screwed (and probably am.) Just wanted to see if anyone here could offer me some additional avenues to try and solve this problem, as I'm all out of ideas. I really hate to call out the affiliate here since I'm not at all sure it's their fault, although I must say they really don't seem to care much about me. Anyway, thanks for reading this far.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Need some advice on what to do here...

tracking is always a huge issue. the affiliate does not want to tell you to make a new account because that is a hassle for you. he can try to email his support contact at ub, but who knows how long it takes them to fix these tracking issues.

are you sure you signed up correctly? were the instructions clear? the biggest mistake i see is poorly written instructions and players who just read them over, not following each step... of course im not saying you did this.

if i were you i would take control of the situation. dont wait on your affiliate to fix it. open a new account and play a few raked hands. make sure you are tracked (this can take a day or 2).

good luck with all this. ryan
Old 05-14-2006, 04:30 AM

Just to add to Ryan,s comments and also to back up your affiliate slightly....

As most are aware UB did some major upgrades at the end of February to their software. This also has a major impact on the rake reports that the affiliates depend on from UB's affiliate management system. In fact there were no reports for the entire month of March.

Another side effect of the upgrade was that players were unable to enter affiliate tracking codes correctly. This problem was not resolved until early-mid April.

As a result, there was (and still is) a massive issue with UB tracking. We currently have 50 mistracked players, whom although UB have now confirmed are being tracked to us, are still not showing up on the reports (because they need to be retagged apparently...)

It sounds like you are in the same boat as them. Some have also tried creating new accounts but even that has not worked.

UB have given us their assurance that they are working on it and it will be sorted out shortly. Trouble is that this "shortly" can sometimes take a while as of course they dont want the players to stop playing....But of course it is also in their interest to fix it otherwise they will lose all the non tracking players to other rooms.

So you affiliate is probably telling the truth, excpet they should be giving you more regular updates and not waiting for you to contact them
regards

RTR
Old 05-15-2006, 12:47 PM

I signed up through an affiliate mid-march and am still not being properly tracked either. I e-mailed my affiliate and they are working on it, so it seems like a common problem. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, until then I'm playing other sites.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the great suggestions, I appreciate it. I'm thinking I'm not crazy about my affiliate...I doubt this is their problem, but the fact that I havn't gotten a single unsolicited email from them concerning the situation since I initially signed up seems really unprofessional to me. I was wondering if it is possible for me to simply start another account with a new affiliate (start a new UB account, same Neteller, different affiliate) or if UB would prevent me from doing this. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:59 PM

Had the same problem myself, except i played on for the whole month of march and a good chunk of april, ended up getting shafted on it altogether. No rakeback for those months Decided to set up a new account for UB and it worked a treat!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:50 PM

I was worried that UB may have a problem with me getting the bonus on the new account or something...did you have any trouble with that?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up with an affiliate (very well reviewed, around 10k members)

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind sharing, which rakeback affiliate is claiming 10K members?... the largest claim I've seen is 8K.