Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:30 PM

Default MP rais call?

if you are dealt 4 conected cards or AA or other quite good hands in early to middel position.. do you rais? or just call?
i tend to just call with hands that are defenetly raising hands if i am in EP.. alternative play?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: MP rais call?

6 max: raise pot limpers or not;
FullRing: raise pot 1st in, or one limper; mix it up if there are a lot of limpers... say 60% raise 40% call? I don't know exact ratios, I just mix it up.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM

sorry fullring
Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Long no-gap connectors (especially double suited) from 4-K I always pot raise, and often re-raise (depending on pot and stack sizes and opponents, and not pot re-raise, in case someone someone's in there with AAxx), regardless of position, even from SB.. from the blinds you'll have the advantage of having a very disguised hand, and you'll get to break ppl quite often cause ppl will automatically put you on AAxx, also giving your self a good opportunity to c-bet opponents off when an A hits.. or sometimes you'll get limp/re-raised from an AAxx hand, and you'll be in with an AAxx-killing hand, and often get to break those... AA type of hands I don't raise, unless they are very juicy with good side cards, and at least being single suited, unless I can get more than 60% (being the least) of my stack in somehow, or I'm in LP and then, I never pot raise it... AAxx with no extra features is a hard hand to improve beyond one pair, and when you hit your A you don't want the guys to put you on exactly the hand you have.. re-raising dry AA hands getting only a small portion of your(and your opponents) stack in, especially multi-way, and/or being OOP is a big leak imo...