Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Brainstorming Group

But what if one of the ballers assumes a fake name, infiltrates your group, then goes and tells all the other ballers what you've been saying about them?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 PM

i'm weeding out ballers, we're not a public school.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:20 AM

what's a baller? :P
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 PM

the new breed of very young and reckless degenerate who plays way above his means and claims to party like a rock star with his variance.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:44 PM

U failed to mention brain enhcanging super drugs these "ballers" have managed to get their hands on...

THE SWINES !
Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 PM

hey degenerate...I find myself in the same boat you are in. I'm up about 4k online mostly from 1 big score, but only have about $1,000 online that I mess around with. I'm a college student also so I don't have as much time to play as others. Hit me up with some of the details...AIM=RDunn352
Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 PM

The "one big score" is what's eluded me, otherwise I could well be tearing up the felt at stakes I could make a living at. I steadily build up my roll each and every month multi-tabling the micros. This effectively lets me freeroll 3r's and up to $15 freezeouts and thankfully my losses in those haven't outpaced my EV in cash games.

I'm also hoping to satellite my way into a Sunday Million soon.. the FPP have been adding up since I made the move up from low micros to high micros.

I just need to bring one home. I'm getting closer each week, so I really think it's only a matter of time.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 AM

There's actually more info in the anthology than you could ever get reading the forums themselves. I'd suggest scouring that, and then posting hands you are confused on. Then recruit a large group of colluders to take over the 3r and BEYOND! Good luck.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's actually more info in the anthology than you could ever get reading the forums themselves. I'd suggest scouring that, and then posting hands you are confused on. Then recruit a large group of colluders to take over the 3r and BEYOND! Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think that's how a good number of these internet phenoms are taking them down.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think that's how a good number of these internet phenoms are taking them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't doubt it, but I think at least a solid majority are not. Most of them are huge volume players that are pretty good. And you won't run into any of them until you get to at least 50$+ buyins. If you have the bankroll, and some talent, and run a huge volume, you can make a lot at mtts. It takes a LOT of volume though.

Edit: I don't know how naive I am, I didn't even know any more multi accounting was going on until action jeffs post.